- J.D., University of Southern California, 2002, Hale Moot Court Honors Program
- B.B.A., Emory University, 1998, Dean's List
Robert Ahn is a Special Counsel in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. A former Planning Commissioner for the City of Los Angeles (2013-2017), Robert’s practice focuses on land use matters and commercial real estate transactions. He advises investors and developers on a variety of land use projects, providing unique insights and strategic advice with regard to entitlements across all asset types. He has represented clients on a wide variety of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, commercial leasing, joint venture transactions and entity formation and structuring.
A native Angeleno, Robert is active both civically and politically in Los Angeles and currently serves as the President of the Cannabis Regulation Commission for the City of Los Angeles, as an appointee of Mayor Eric Garcetti. In 2017, Robert was a candidate for the United States Congress, 34th District, in a special election to fill the seat vacated by Xavier Becerra, advancing to the General Election with a top 2 finish out of 23 candidates in the Primary Election.
Robert received his B.B.A. from Emory University (Dean’s List) and his J.D. from the University of Southern California Law School (Hale Moot Court Honors Program).
- City of Los Angeles Cannabis Regulation Commission, President (2017-Present)
- City of Los Angeles City Planning Commission, Commissioner (2013-2017)
- City of Los Angeles Redistricting Commission, Commissioner (2011-2012)
- Cannabis World Congress and Business Expo 2019, LA Convention Center
- Institutional Capital and Cannabis Conference (IC3) 2019
"The California Opportunity" – Regulations and the Implications for Real Estate Investors and Cannabis Operators
- Nutrition Industry Association, 2019
One Year In… Expert Panel Discussion of California’s Legalized Cannabis Industry
- Nutrition Industry Association, 2018
FDA, FTC, City of LA: Emerging Cannabis Product Guidelines
- UCLA Ziman Center Affordable Housing Advisory Council, Board Member
- Anderson Munger Family YMCA, Board Member
- Harvard-Westlake Korean American Alumni Network, Board Member