Robert Bello is an associate in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Chicago and office.
Areas of Practice
Robert’s practice focuses on commercial and residential real estate transactions related to the leasing, acquisition, development, disposition and financing of real estate assets. He is experienced in transactional real estate matters that include drafting, negotiating and analyzing leases; purchase and sale agreements; SNDAs; estoppel certificates; development agreements; easements; and CC&Rs.
While attending law school, Robert was a member of Law Review and was a judicial extern for Justice Judith Haller at the California Court of Appeal and for Judge Leo Papas (Ret.) at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Robert holds dual citizenship with the U.S. and Italy, and he speaks Italian. He also holds real estate brokerage licenses in California, Illinois, Georgia and Utah (inactive).
- Represented numerous tenants and landlords at multiple locations nationwide in the leasing of industrial buildings.
- Represented numerous tenants and landlords at multiple locations nationwide in the leasing of commercial office buildings.
- Represented numerous biotechnology tenants at multiple locations nationwide in the leasing of headquarters office/laboratory/manufacturing buildings.
- Represented seller/tenant in portfolio transaction (sale and leaseback) involving over 70 locations and negotiated Master Leases for those same locations.
- Represented tenant in negotiations for headquarters lease in Chicago, IL.
- Represented tenant in sale and leaseback of its headquarters campus in San Diego, CA.
- Represented landlord in over 80 transactions at multiple locations in the leasing of industrial buildings.
General Counsel of the Year, San Diego Business Journal, 2015 and 2016
Finalist, General Counsel of the Year, Orange County Business Journal, 2014-2017
Profiled in Modern Counsel Magazine, 2016
Top Young Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2010
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog
- "Head’s Up: Changes Made to Civil Code Section 1542," January 18, 2019
J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 2009, magna cum laude, Law Review
M.B.A., San Diego State University, 2009
B.A., Northwestern University, 2002
- Extern to the Honorable Justice Judith L. Haller, Associate Justice, California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division One
- Extern to the Honorable Leo S. Papas, Magistrate Judge (Ret.), U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California