- J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 2009, magna cum laude, Law Review
- M.B.A., San Diego State University, 2009
- B.A., Northwestern University, 2002
- Extern to the Honorable Justice Judith L. Haller, Associate Justice, California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division One
- Extern to the Honorable Leo S. Papas, Magistrate Judge (Ret.), U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Robert J. Bello is an associate in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Robert’s practice focuses on commercial and residential real estate transactions related to the leasing, acquisition, development, disposition, and financing of various types of real estate assets. He has experience in all aspects of transactional real estate matters, including drafting, negotiating, and analyzing leases, purchase and sale agreements, SNDAs, estoppel certificates, development agreements, easements, and CC&Rs.
While in law school, Robert was a member of Law Review and was a judicial extern for Justice Judith Haller at the California Court of Appeal and for Judge Leo Papas (Ret.) at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Robert holds dual citizenship with the United States and Italy, and speaks Italian. Robert also holds real estate brokerage licenses in California, Illinois, Georgia, and Utah (inactive).
- General Counsel of the Year, San Diego Business Journal, 2015 & 2016
- Finalist, General Counsel of the Year, Orange County Business Journal, 2014-2017
- Profiled in Modern Counsel Magazine, 2016
- Top Young Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2010
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog
- "Head’s Up: Changes Made to Civil Code Section 1542," January 18, 2019