Raymond DiPerna is special counsel in the Intellectual Property Practice Group, Patent Prosecution, in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Ares of Practice
Ray is a patent prosecutor currently practicing exclusively before the US Patent and Trademark Office. He is experienced in the preparation and prosecution of utility and design patent applications, both domestically and internationally, primarily in the electrical, computer, and mechanical arts. He is also experienced in the fields of telecommunications, hardware and software systems, computing platforms, AI, machine learning, blockchain technology, data encryption and authentication, mobile apps, and the like, having prepared and prosecuted many patent applications in those technological arts.
Other representative technologies include: e-commerce, business methods, financial transaction systems, advertising systems, memory systems, image processing systems, x-ray sensors and dental equipment, digital cameras, 3D printing systems, hologram recording mediums, vehicle systems including transmission systems, semiconductor devices, firearms, and faucet and flow systems. During the course of his practice, Ray prepares appeal briefs and delivers oral arguments before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
- “Recent IP Developments That Will Have a Significant Impact in 2014 and Beyond,” published in the book “Intellectual Property Law 2014, Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year,” by Aspatore Thought Leadership.
- “When to Litigate: Rise of the Trolls” in the book Intellectual Property Strategies for the 21st Century Corporation, John Wiley & Sons, April 2011.
- Regular Faculty speaker for the recurring Practising Law Institute (PLI) program entitled “Fundamentals of Patent Prosecution: A Boot Camp for Claim Drafting & Amendment Writing.”
- Video interview about patent and trade secrets issues, Licious Media.
New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA)
American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
American Bar Association (ABA)
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1998
B.S., Electrical Engineering, minor degree in Music Composition, Lehigh University, 1995
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of New York