- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2016, cum laude, Editor in Chief, Hastings International and Comparative Law Review
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
Rishi Gupta is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Rishi’s practice focuses on representing corporations, including start-ups, in the protection of their intellectual property rights through prosecution, enforcement, and litigation. He focuses on all areas of complex commercial disputes involving trademark and trade dress infringement, copyright infringement, trade secrets, and patent infringement. He has experience in pre-litigation strategy, pre-trial and trial motion practice, managing fact and expert discovery, taking and defending depositions, and preparing witnesses for trial.
Rishi also helps prosecute and defend trademarks before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. In addition, Rishi counsels clients on transactional matters relating to intellectual property ownership and licensing agreements.
Rishi represents clients that span a variety of industries including technology, semiconductors, consumer goods, and entertainment.
- ASML US, Inc. v. XTAL, Inc. Rishi was a member of the trial team representing ASML US, Inc. in obtaining an $854+ million dollar judgment for trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and other claims. The verdict was ranked the #3 overall and #1 intellectual property verdict in the nation for 2018 by the National Law Journal.
- Counsel for the co-founders of the Drone Racing League in a founders dispute regarding breach of contract claims.
- Counsel for an enrollment portal software company in multiple pending class actions regarding data privacy claims.
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California Chapter