- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 2006
- B.A., New York University, 2002
Reed Mercado is a senior associate in the Finance & Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles Office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Mercado specializes in problem loan workouts, restructurings, bankruptcy, foreclosure and other creditors’ rights and commercial law. Mr. Mercado also has extensive experience in the documentation, negotiation and structuring of financial transactions. He has represented a wide variety of financial institutions and non-traditional lenders, including special servicers of securitized loans.
- February 6, 2007
Finance & Bankruptcy Law Blog Posts
- "Lenders Beware -- California decision may ignite next wave of lender liability litigation," March 13, 2013
- "Fobian Overruled", April 10, 2007
- "Credit Managers Association of California v. Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. - A Second California State Appellate Court Holds That California Code of Civil Procedure § 1800 Is Not Preempted By The Bankruptcy Code", November 29, 2006
- "In Re Ramba: Contemporaneous Exchange for New Value Under 11 U.S.C.§ 547(c)(1) Requires Creditor to Deliver a Direct Benefit", August 22, 2005