Reanne Swafford-Harris is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Reanne represents employers in all aspects of employment-related matters in state and federal courts. Her practice includes defending employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour disputes.
Reanne regularly counsels employers on a wide range of employment issues, including employee handbooks, sexual harassment prevention, conducting workplace investigations and wage and hour compliance.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Reanne practiced as an associate at a large national law firm where she focused on representing employers in the defense of wage and hour class and collective actions arising out of alleged violations of the California Labor Code and/or the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reanne continues to be committed to her pro bono practice, and has provided legal services in conjunction with a number of federal pro bono defense organizations.
Reanne is a graduating fellow of the National Employment Law Council’s 2018 Academy.
- Today's General Counsel, Fall 2018
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Jury Returns Verdict in Favor of Dollar Tree in Electronic Wage Statement Class Action," November 21, 2017
- "New York Mayor Expands Paid Sick Leave Law: Employers Required to Provide Paid ‘Safe Leave’ for Abuse Victims," November 20, 2017
- UCLA Law Women LEAD “Challenges of Eliminating Bias in the Workplace: Exploring Perceptions of Working Women”01.25.2017
Black Women Lawyers of Northern California, Strategic Partnership Chair
2018 National Employment Law Council Academy Fellow
American Bar Association
California Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2015
B.A., University of California, Riverside, 2012, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California