Sarah F. Ben-Moussa is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office and is a member of the firm’s Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance team.
Areas of Practice
Sarah focuses her practice on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, financings and corporate governance matters.
As a member of the firm’s French Desk, she has advised companies and private equity funds in both the United States and Europe on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, financings, complex commercial agreements, and general corporate matters.
As a member of the firm’s Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance team, Sarah also represents renewable energy companies, borrowers, financial sponsors, portfolio companies, commercial banks and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions. Her practice focuses on a variety of transactions in the energy sphere, representing renewable energy companies in project-level debt and equity financings of wind and solar facilities. Sarah is also a member of the New York office’s sustainability committee.
Before starting at Sheppard Mullin, Sarah spent a year and a half studying and working in France, becoming fluent in French and focusing on corporate transactions and commercial contracts in Europe and internationally. Sarah is also committed to pro bono work, focusing on cases involving children seeking asylum or other immigration-related relief.
- Represented French renewable energy developer Akuo Energy in connection with the development of the 93-MW Bennington wind farm in Marshall County, Illinois.
- Represented renewable energy independent power purchaser, sPower in connection with a a $700+ million construction/term loan financing for Spotsylvania Solar Energy Center, the largest solar project east of the Rockies.
- Represented leading renewable energy company, Invenergy, in connection with completion of construction financing for the 100-megawatt Dry Lake Solar Energy Center.
- Represented a leading renewable energy company as borrower in connection with a safe harbor equipment supply loans related to an ongoing wind project.
- Represented a leading clean energy company as borrower in connection with the funding of two separate portfolios, representing ten new wind projects.
- Represented an advertising company as borrower in connection with a $15 million refinancing.
- Represented a computer security service company as borrower in connection with a $5 million credit facility.
- Represented a leading renewable energy company in connection with a first amendment to an existing credit facility.
- Represented a business management consultancy as borrower in connection with a second amendment and joinder to an existing credit facility.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented a NACON, a major player in the design and distribution of video games and gaming accessories, in connection with an agreement with Plantronics Inc. (“Poly”) for the purchase of its headsets and of the premium brand RIG ™ and the establishment of its first U.S. subsidiary.
- Represented leading consulting firm Sia Partners in its acquisition of Loft 9 and its acquisition and merger with GMG.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company as issuer’s counsel in its Series A financing.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company as issuer’s counsel in its Series B financing.
- Sustainable Food News, 11.01.2019
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
French Desk Blog Posts
- "COVID-19–The 30-Day Mark – A Discussion by Companies on Navigating the New Reality," April 23, 2020
- "Alternative Sources of Capital for Foreign-Owned Businesses in the US," April 14, 2020
Global Trade Law Blog
- The Fashion Law, 01.08.2021
New York State Bar Association
French American Chamber of Commerce
French American Bar Association