Stephen Chernow is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Steve advises clients on telecommunication matters, with an emphasis on the satellite industry. Steve has significant experience negotiating and drafting complex contract and transaction documents related to satellite operators, service providers, antenna companies, manufacturers, and launch providers. He also has extensive experience advising on domestic and international regulatory and licensing regimes related to satellite communications.
Steve is also a seasoned attorney with extensive experience in domestic and international sales and distribution matters involving technical products and services. In particular, Steve has significant experience:
- Negotiating and drafting a wide variety of complex customer, vendor, manufacturer, and distribution agreements
- Drafting channel distribution templates and negotiating highly complex/ high value channel partner agreements
- Drafting and negotiating technology vendor agreements
- Advising on domestic and international regulatory and licensing regimes
- Supporting business expansion into international markets
- Ensuring products meet applicable safety and regulatory requirements
- Developing warranty language
- Advising on GDPR, privacy issues
- Reviewing/ advising on marketing and promotional materials
- Drafting consulting agreements
- Providing practical general commercial and regulatory advice
Steve previously served as General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel at several companies in the satellite industry.