- J.D., Harvard University, 2016, cum laude
- A.B., Harvard University, 2011, cum laude
- District of Columbia
Sean M. Cuddihy is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. He represents health care providers and other defendants in litigation under the federal False Claims Act and related state law, and counsels providers in connection with government investigations.
Sean’s practice also includes advising telehealth connectivity platforms, compounding pharmacies, and other health care industry clients on compliance with federal and state law, on subjects including entity licensing, practitioner compensation, and Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse prevention.
Sean assists with regulatory due diligence in transactional matters.
- Statistical Sampling Lowers Bar for Plaintiffs in False Claims CasesDaily Journal, May 17, 2018
- Law360, April 10, 2018
- Feature Comment: Making Fuzzy Math Less Fuzzy—a Practical Guide for Litigating and Winning False Claims Act Cases Involving Statistical SamplingThe Government Contractor, Vol. 59, No. 35, September 27, 2017
- "U.S. Can Veto FCA Settlements, Fourth Circuit Holds," The Government Contractor, Vol. 59, No. 9, March 8, 2017
False Claims Act Defense Blog Posts
- "In Case Alleging Nationwide Pharmacy Fraud, Kmart Scores Narrow Settlement," April 17, 2018
- "Fourth Circuit Punts at Rare Opportunity to Rule on Statistical Sampling," February 16, 2017
Healthcare Law Blog Posts