- J.D., Loyola Marymount University, 2006, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Executive Editor, Loyola Law Review
- B.S., Washington University in St. Louis, 1988
- Mandarin Chinese
Shawn M. Domzalski is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Shawn has a broad-based corporate practice encompassing mergers and acquisitions, media content licensing, and private equity and real estate fund work. He has represented both public and private companies, as well as private equity funds in domestic and international business combination transactions across a wide variety of industries, utilizing his Mandarin language skills on behalf of clients. Shawn has also represented private equity and real estate funds in fund formation matters, and satellite television providers in content acquisition transactions.
Among his community service and pro bono activities, Shawn is a member of the Board of Directors of The Soldiers Project, a 501(c)(3) charity dedicated to providing free, confidential mental health services to post-9/11 veterans and their loved ones.
Shawn has recently represented:
- Natrol in the sale of its assets to Aurobindo Pharma for US$132.5 million plus assumed liabilities in a 363 bankruptcy transaction
- Bally Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of SHFL entertainment, Inc. and multiple acquisitions of private targets
- DIRECTV in connection with significant agreements with content providers and sports leagues
- China Mobile (US) in connection with US corporate matters
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Harbin Electric, Inc. in the largest (at the time) go-private transaction involving a Chinese company trading on a US exchange
- A Fortune 50 retailer in a Chinese joint venture
- Zayo Group Inc. in its acquisition of Fibernet Telecom Group, Inc.
- Yukos International UK BV in its sale of Petroval Bunker International BV to Baltic Oil Terminals PLC
- JRK Property Holdings in connection with raising a new real estate fund
- Prudential Real Estate Financial Service in the sale of certain investment interests
- Leonard Green & Partners in its sale of Motorsport Aftermarket Group to Tucker Rocky
- Leonard Green & Partners in numerous fund limited partner and other coinvestment transactions
- Leonard Green & Partners affiliates in SEC filings, including resale prospectuses, Williams Act, and Section 16 matters
- Aurora Capital Group in the restructuring of its Aurora Resurgence platform through the sale of its Aurora Resurgence Fund I portfolio to Aurora Resurgence Fund II and the formation of Aurora Resurgence Fund II
- Aurora Capital Group in various transactions, including its acquisition of VAL Vetreria Artistica Lucchese S.p.A., and its sale of Anthony International