- J.D., Pepperdine University, 2000, cum laude
- B.A., University of Arizona, 1995
- Illinois (Inactive)
Sid Fohrman is a partner in the Entertainment and Digital Media Practice Group in the firm's Century City office, and Leader of the firm’s Music Industry Team.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Fohrman provides strategic counsel and transactional support to a diverse client base comprised of talent, influencers, entrepreneurs, and institutions across the digital media, music, fitness, sports, technology, event, film and television industries. He regularly handles multi-faceted entertainment transactions, intellectual property matters, and platform, content and licensing deals related to technology and new media exploitation; advertising, branding, and sponsorship deals; publishing, licensing and other copyright and trademark transactions; and production, labor, trade and venue matters in connection with live performances.
Mr. Fohrman’s practice is anchored by his significant experience representing both talent and institutional clients in all aspects of the music industry. He has represented some of the world’s largest media companies and most prominent artists and producers on recording and music publishing agreements, content licensing, composer and producer services for film and television, and has represented worldwide and national sports organizations in connection with the production of live musical events and new music and media-related transactions.
Mr. Fohrman brings to his transaction practice extensive prior experience as a commercial litigator in which capacity he represented public and private companies in complex contractual disputes, business torts, copyright and trademark infringement, antitrust, and finance. He has appeared before state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, and has considerable experience with alternative dispute resolution.
- Rising Star, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Representation of Peloton Interactive, Inc. in connection with all aspects of digital media platform including, content strategy, music licensing and distribution;
- Representation of multi- Grammy and Oscar winning producer, T Bone Burnett in connection with producer services on numerous albums (Elton John, Diana Krall, Steve Earle); composer and executive music producer services for film and television, including, Nashville and The Hunger Games.
- Representation of world-renowned e-sports athlete and influencer, Matt Haag (Nadeshot), in connection with all aspects of career, and formation of 100 Thieves e-sports company in partnership with Dan Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Representation of the National Football League in connection with the production of the Super Bowl Half-Time Show and on various music and new media-related transactions.
- Representation of executive producer of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the 2012 Olympic Games, and the 2011 Pan Am Games, handling all legal aspects related to the production of the Ceremonies.
- Representation of independent music label in connection with all aspects of music industry business, including, artist recording and 360 deals, co-publishing and distribution deals;
- Representation of renowned songwriter and music publishing company in multi-million dollar sale of music catalog.
Law of the Ledger: Blockchain Law Blog Posts
- "Blockchain. Bringing A Chorus of Cheers to the Music Industry," October 1, 2018
- ANA/BAA Marketing Law ConferenceNovember 9, 2018
- Committee Member, Music & Entertainment Industry, City of Hope
- Member, The Recording Academy, GRAMMY Foundation