Siraj Husain is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Siraj focuses his practice on intellectual property and patent strategy in various technical areas with an emphasis in software and artificial intelligence. Clients call on Siraj to handle their most complex cases due to his academic background in computer science and practical experience as a Linux systems administrator. Siraj regularly helps companies with a variety of intellectual property services, including:
- harvesting and identifying patent-eligible inventions;
- developing custom strategies for protecting intellectual property in furtherance of business objectives;
- developing in-house patent programs;
- building and monetizing patent portfolios; and
- developing compliance strategies for AI systems.
Some examples of the technologies in which Siraj has extensive experience include artificial intelligence technologies and especially machine learning and deep learning, autonomous vehicles and related technologies, augmented and virtual reality technologies, cloud computing, cryptography, internet technologies, computer security, search engines and related technologies, consumer electronic devices, wearable devices, and computer hardware.
Siraj is devoted to community service and pro bono. He is a member of the Legal Advisory Committee for the Silicon Valley Urban Debate League (SVUDL), an organization focused on empowering youth from diverse backgrounds to succeed academically and professionally through debate. In the past, Siraj served as Board Member and Pro Bono Committee Co-Chair for the South Asian Bar Association of Northern California. In his role, Siraj helped manage legal clinics that provide pro bono services to low-income communities.
- Synergizing Patents to Drive Innovation and GrowthThe Intellectual Property Strategist, 04.01.2021
- IAM Magazine, 11.07.2019
Eye on Privacy Blog
Intellectual Property Law Blog
- Intro to Artificial Intelligence and Privacy
2021 Intellectual Property Law Institute, Hispanic National Bar Association VIA Fund, 06.09.2021
- New York Hilton Midtown, 02.05.2020
Legal Advisory Committee, Silicon Valley Urban Debate League (SVUDL)
J.D., Loyola Law School, Law Review
B.S., Computer Science, University of California, Riverside
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office