- J.D., Fordham University, 2015, Dean's List, Order of the Coif, Member, Fordham Law Review
- M.A., Georgetown University, 2002
- B.A., The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, 2000, cum laude
- New York
- New Jersey
Susan Ingargiola is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Susan advises healthcare organizations on business, regulatory and transactional matters. Her clients include hospitals, health systems, physician practices, insurers, community health centers, health information exchange organizations, management companies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and mobile app developers.
Susan provides counsel on issues relating to corporate formation, governance, transactions (mergers, joint ventures, asset sales, dissolutions), federal, state and local tax exemption, fraud and abuse, the 340B drug discount program, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, the corporate practice of medicine, health information privacy, including compliance with HIPAA and state medical record confidentiality laws, and other compliance-related matters.
Susan began her career as an intern in the Clinton White House. She has also worked in both houses of Congress and was part of the government relations department at pharmaceutical giant, Merck & Co., Inc. Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Susan practiced healthcare law and consulting at another national law firm.
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Legislation Re-Introduced to Expand Access to Telehealth Under Medicare," November 7, 2019
- "California Expands Medicaid Telehealth Policy," October 7, 2019
- "OIG to Audit Provision of Behavioral Health Services Through Tele-Health Under Medicaid Managed Care," October 4, 2019
- "Is Prescription Drug Pricing The Cure For Partisanship?" July 25, 2019
- "CMS Expands Telehealth Benefits under Medicare Advantage," April 10, 2019