Scott Oross is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Scott has extensive experience representing companies in a number of different industries, with a primary focus on the life sciences industry, in a wide range of corporate transactions, including investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic collaborations. He also regularly advises entrepreneurs, emerging growth companies, and investors across all industries in connection with entity formations, equity and debt financings, and paths to liquidity events.
Recent Life Sciences and Emerging Growth Company Experience
- Calporta Therapeutics, Inc. in its sale to Merck for up to $576 million
- Acorns Grow Incorporated in its $70 million Series D financing and $105 million Series E financing
- Sydnexis, Inc. in its $35 million Series A financing
- Avalon Ventures in its $495 million life sciences collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline that has formed and funded 8 startup life sciences companies to date
- Avalon Ventures in its participation in a $50 million Series A financing of Jnana Therapeutics, Inc.
- Avalon Ventures in its participation in a $18 million Series A financing of Fortis Therapeutics, Inc.
- Avelas Biosciences, Inc. in its Series A, Series B and Series C financings totaling approximately $35 million
- Enlibrium, Inc. in its $15 million Series A financing
- Chef’d, Inc. in its $17.5 million Series A financing
- Sitari Pharma, Inc. in its combination with GlaxoSmithKline
Recent Mergers and Acquisitions Experience
- GI Partners in its portfolio company’s $1.675 billion acquisition of ViaWest, Inc.
- FairPoint Communications, Inc. in its $1.5 billion sale to Consolidated Communications, Inc.
- Accelrys, Inc. in its $750 million sale via cash tender offer to Dassault Systèmes
- Allbritton Communications Company in its $985 million sale of seven television stations and a cable/satellite news network to Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
- Barrington Broadcasting Group LLC in its $370 million sale of 18 television stations to Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
- LIN Media in its acquisition of 13 television stations from New Vision Television for $334.9 million
- Valitas Health Services, Inc. in its $250 million acquisition of America Service Group Inc.
Venture Law Blog Posts
- Moderator, 2018 New York Venture Summit: Where's the Exit, 2018
- Panelist, CONNECT Angel Investing Overview: Structuring the Deal, 2017
- Panelist, Bio-Pharma Conference 2013: Innovations in China, 2013
- The Potential Impact of FIRRMA on Venture Investments: Who Invited CFIUS to Our Preferred Stock Financing?, Webinar, 03.19.2020
Board Member, CONNECT w/ San Diego Venture Group
Member, American Bar Association
Member, California State Bar Association
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2001, John W. Wade Scholar
B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1998, summa cum laude, Phi Betta Kappa