Sarah S. Williamson is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Dallas office.
Areas of Practice
Sarah's practice focuses on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation matters, as well as trademark and copyright prosecution and advertising and marketing law. Sarah represents clients in the following areas:
- Patent litigation – Sarah has been involved in complex patent litigation matters, including discovery, deposition preparation, and pre-trial motions including motions to compel, motions to dismiss, and motions for summary judgment, as well attorneys’ fees disputes and motions.
- Trademark – Sarah has represented numerous clients in both trademark litigation and prosecution. Her litigation experience includes discovery, pre-trial motions, and alternate dispute resolution. Her federal prosecution practice includes both word and design marks, as well as counseling regarding applications, licenses, and domain name disputes.
- Copyright registration with the U.S. Copyright Office
- Brand marketing and product management, including contests, sweepstakes, and online promotions; influencer partnerships and required disclosures; marketing claim and privacy reviews
- Intellectual Property-related due diligence considerations, with an emphasis on buyer- or lender-side concerns
- Complex commercial disputes in both state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings before the AAA, with client matters such as computer hardware and software, information technology systems, business process outsourcing systems, and Medicaid management information systems (MMIS).
- Pro bono, including counseling non-profit entities on intellectual property best practices and applications, representing clients in intellectual property disputes through a veterans’ interest group, and assisting with minor civil disputes through local legal services providers for indigent individuals.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah worked in research and development for a chemical company specializing in biologicals, water treatment, and industrial chemicals, and for a highly specialized middle-market private equity firm focused on the energy industry, specifically mid-stream oil & gas investments.
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Member, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society
Pupil, The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court, 2017-2018
Member, State Bar of Texas Student Pro Bono College, 2016
Privacy Law Blog Posts
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2018, cum laude
B.Eng., Vanderbilt University, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas