Tyler Z. Bernstein is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Tyler represents employers of all industries in state and federal court. Tyler’s practice extends to the business law context, as he has extensive experience successfully defending against “bet the company” commercial litigations and arbitrations. Tyler regularly defends employers in wage and hour class actions and representative litigations and has extensive experience defending against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, breaches of contract, and other related matters. Tyler also provides general preventative advice and counseling to employers relating to labor and employment issues.
- Defeated a former executive’s breach of contract and fraud claims against a national retailer client following a multi-day arbitration. The former executive sought nearly $5 million in allegedly unpaid compensation under his employment contract, as well as waiting time penalties and punitive damages. After receiving testimony from five witnesses and receiving almost 100 exhibits, the Arbitrator rejected virtually all of the former executive’s claims, finding that the employer paid the former executive all compensation that was due and owing and did not owe the executive the amounts he sought.
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "UPDATE: President Biden Signs Bipartisan Bill to End Mandatory Arbitration of Sexual Harassment and Assault Claims in the Workplace," March 4, 2022
- "Congress Passes Bipartisan Bill to End Mandatory Arbitration of Sexual Harassment and Assault Claims in the Workplace," February 18, 2022
- "Return of the Mask: CDC Issues New Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated Individuals," July 29, 2021
- "California Legislative Update: Employment-Related Bills on the Horizon," March 8, 2021
- "AB 1947’S New Filing Period for DLSE Claims and Attorney’s Fees Provisions: Coronavirus Legislation in Sheep’s Clothing?," October 6, 2020
- "Where’s the Meat? Interim Federal Guidance for Meat Plant Worker Safety," May 1, 2020
- "Pay Day, Every Day? Instant Pay Apps and Their Wage and Hour Implications," December 18, 2019