- J.D., University of California Hastings College of the Law, 2012, cum laude, Senior Symposium Editor, Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Southern California, 2006
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Tyler Cesar practices business litigation with emphasis on business contracts, complex construction disputes, and high-stakes software implementation projects.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Cesar’s focus is breach of contract, including related business torts, such as fraud, misrepresentation, commercial disparagement, interference with business relationships, and other related business torts.
A business contract can be as simple as handshake or as complex as thousands of pages of drawings and specifications, detailing the construction of a major infrastructure project or implementation of Oracle software across a company’s global platform, and everything in between.
When those contracts are breached, Mr. Cesar serves his clients in litigation, arbitration, and mediation by advising them through the legal and business issues that arise.
Mr. Cesar represents a wide range of businesses and industries, with a focus on general contractors, joint ventures, major subcontractors, software consulting providers and customers, financial institutions, and other business entities.
In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Cesar was previously a project engineer for a general contractor in California. He helped manage and oversee the construction of multi-million dollar public works construction projects throughout the Los Angeles region. As a result, he has extensive personal experience dealing with long-term, complex contractual obligations, involving multiple tiers of contracting parties and heavy government coordination and oversight.
His experience and approach to litigating contract disputes has proven to give his clients an edge in prosecuting and defending claims for breach of contract.
Mr. Cesar also has experience in the sustainability industry. He was previously a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) and helped architects and owners achieve LEED certification for their buildings.
Mr. Cesar also handles clients’ appeals and writ petitions, involving any and all matters that may arise during the course of litigation, post-trial, or involving arbitration.
He served as judicial extern to the Honorable Carlos T. Bea in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and to the Honorable Ming W. Chin in the California Supreme Court. Through his time serving with these appellate courts, he gained invaluable experience regarding appellate decision-making, state and federal procedural law, and a wide variety of substantive areas of law, including federal preemption, the National Labor Relations Act, the Federal Aviation Administration Authorization Act, employment law, fraud and conspiracy, and various criminal law matters.
- Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America, 2018
- Sheppard Mullin Pro Bono All-Star, 2018
- American Bar Association
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) California, Member, 2017-18
- Orange County Bar Foundation, Associate Board Member, 2017-18
- Public Counsel, Associate Board Member, 2015-16
- Libertas College Preparatory Charter School, Board Member, 2015-16
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder Fellow, 2015