- J.D., Loyola Law School at Los Angeles, 1977, cum laude Loyola Law Review
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1974, magna cum laude
Thomas J. Masenga is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Masenga has more than 35 years of experience representing pension funds and their separate account advisors, commingled funds, banks, life insurance companies, private equity funds, REITs and other institutional real estate investors and lenders. His finance and capital markets practice has included advising on portfolio, syndicated and mezzanine loan originations, restructurings and foreclosures, the acquisition and disposition of performing and non-performing loan portfolios, revolving credit facilities, and repurchase agreements for real estate mortgage loans. Mr. Masenga has been recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of real estate law by Chambers USA and Legal 500. In 2013, Mr. Masenga was named one of the Daily Journal’s Top Real Estate Lawyers. He is recognized nationally for his expertise in structuring and closing complex real estate transactions for institutional clients and is a frequent lecturer on real estate investment and financing. Mr. Masenga has served as a panelist for, among others, the National Association of Public Pension Attorneys and the California Continuing Education of the Bar.
- Real Estate, Legal 500, 2016
- Leading lawyer in Real Estate (California), Chambers USA, 2016
- Best Lawyers in America - Real Estate (2015-2017)
- California Mortgage Bankers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Commercial Realty Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Pension Real Estate Association