The firm handles an array of Native American issues, including, but not limited to, sovereign immunity, Tribal sovereignty, Indian water rights, the Indian Gaming and Regulatory Act, Tribal Compacts, Tribal contracts and leases, Indian Tax issues, Indian environmental regulatory and compliance issues and labor and employment issues on tribal lands.
We have particular expertise in the complex area of Indian water rights settlements. Our Land Use attorneys counsel clients and prepare and process applications before various agencies with special jurisdiction, including the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Our Art Law attorneys have experience in resolving issues relating to Native American Tribal and Cultural objects, and provide advice on the creation and ongoing function of cultural centers and museums.
In addition, our Finance attorneys have represented Indian tribes in connection with several multi-billion dollar loan facilities for major gaming and resort companies, including a syndicated development loan to a tribe to finance a $300,000,000 expansion of its existing casino facilities.
- San Diego Business Journal Selects Six Sheppard Mullin Partners for "Women of Influence in Law" listSan Diego Business Journal, 06.20.2022
- Chambers USA, 06.01.2022
- Super Lawyers, 03.31.2022
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers, 08.19.2021
- Chambers USA, 05.20.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.20.2020
- Law360, 07.15.2022
- Law360, 04.25.2022
- NAFOA Navigator, Fall 2020
- Law360, 02.03.2020
- Law360, 04.19.2019
- Law360, 04.22.2015
- Law360, 04.20.2015
- San Diego Business Journal Selects Six Sheppard Mullin Partners for "Women of Influence in Law" list06.20.2022San Diego Business Journal
- 06.01.2022Chambers USA
- 03.31.2022Super Lawyers
- 08.19.2021U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- 05.20.2021Chambers USA
- 08.20.2020Best Lawyers