- LL.M. in Taxation, University of San Diego
- J.D., University of San Diego, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif, Academic Grant, Academic Achievement Scholarship; Executive Editor, San Diego International Law Review
- B.S., Princeton University
- Extern for the Honorable Jeffrey T. Miller, United States District Judge for the Southern District of California, August 2012 to December 2012
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic Law Clerk, Sierra Club, January 2012 to May 2012
- Innovation Law Clerk, CONNECT, September 2011 to December 2011
- Law Clerk, Mandour & Associates, September 2011 to December 2011
Whitney Barton is an attorney with the Tax Practice Group in the San Diego (Del Mar) office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, & Hampton LLP.
Areas of Practice
Whitney advises on complex planning issues for closely held businesses, including entity structuring, the transfer of business interests and business succession planning. She counsels on gift, estate and generation-skipping planning, trust and probate administration, charitable giving and obtaining tax-exempt status for private foundations and public charities. She provides international clients investing in the United States and citizens residing outside of the country with global estate planning strategies. Her cross-border experience encompasses Europe, Asia, Canada and Latin America.
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association