Foreign Language Bio
- Government Contracts,
- International Reach
- Technology Transactions
- J.D., University of Chicago
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, Madison
Will Chuchawat is the Managing Partner of the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. He does M&A, all day, every day.
He also heads the firm’s Aerospace & Defense Team.
Will has closed hundreds of deals in A&D, life sciences, healthcare, consumer, TMT, industrials, financial services, manufacturing, food and beverage and other industries.
Will has been consistently recognized as one of the best attorneys in the country, including:
- Named one of Law360's Top Attorneys in the Nation Under 40.
- The M&A Advisor named him as one of the "40 Under 40" in the West, which includes: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, KS, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, OK, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WY. The M&A Advisor made their selections from a pool of not just attorneys, but everyone in the M&A and turnaround space, which included private equity professionals, bankers, consultants, accountants, money managers, etc.
- The Daily Journal named him one of the top 20 attorneys under 40 in California.
- The Recorder named him one of the 50 Lawyers on the Fast Track in California.
- The LA Business Journal named him one of the Most Influential Minority Lawyers.
- Legal 500, Mergers and Acquisitions 2015-2018
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012-2018
- Most Influential Minority Lawyers in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2016
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Legal 500, 2015-2018
- Law360 Mergers & Acquisitions Editorial Advisory Board
- M&A Deal of the Year Award, The M&A Advisor
- 2014 Law360's Top Attorneys in the Nation Under 40
- Rising Star: Sheppard Mullin's Will Chuchawat, Law360, May 8, 2014
- 2013 Lawyers on the Fast Track, The Recorder, 2013
- Top 20 Under 40, Daily Journal, February 27, 2013
- Partner Will Chuchawat (LA) was named one of the "40 Under 40 West" by The M&A Advisor on April 13, 2012. This award covers the West Region which includes: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, KS, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, OK, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WY. The M&A Advisor made their selections from a pool of not just attorneys, but everyone in the M&A and turnaround space, which included private equity professionals, bankers, consultants, accountants, money managers, etc. The winners were chosen for their accomplishments and expertise by a panel of distinguished business leaders.
- Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2012-2018
- 5 Associates to Watch, Daily Journal, January 12, 2011
- Hundreds of public and private M&A transactions representing buyers and sellers in domestic, international and cross border transactions
- Hundreds of private placements of equity and debt securities
- Negotiation and counseling in a number of commercial business and financial transactions
- Represented Bison Capital in numerous investments, acquisitions and exits
- Represented affiliates of Fosun (called the Berkshire Hathaway of China) in connection with numerous transactions
- Represented Samsung in various transactions
- Represented Celerity Partners in numerous investments, acquisitions and exits
- Represented Opus Equity Partners in numerous investments, acquisitions and exits
- Represented Breakwater Management LP in numerous investments
- Represented Mercury Systems (Nasdaq: MRCY) in the acquisition of Themis Computing
- Represented Aerojet (NYSE: AJRD) in its acquisition of substantially all operations of the Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne business from United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX)
- Represented Benchmark Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: BHE) in its acquisition of Secure Technology
- Represented United Therapies Holding, LLC in the sale of all of the membership interests of its wholly-owned subsidiary, UTH Holdco, LLC to HealthTronics, Inc.
- Represented Wheel Group Holdings, LLC in its sale of Preferred Units to SEP V TWG Holdings
- Represented Spencer Forrest, Inc. (d/b/a Toppik) in its sale of stock to Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Represented an affiliate of Celerity Partners in its purchase of preferred units of 360 PT Management, LLC
- Represented Sellers in the Redemption of their Membership Interests in Ad Exchange Group, LLC
- Represented the Members of Mobile Motion, LLC in the sale of their membership interests to COMEXPOSIUM US, LLC.
- Represented Axio Data Hedgeco Ltd in the sale of its subsidiary, Breakbulk Holdco UK Ltd, to ITE Group PLC
- Represented AMPAM Parks Mechanical, Inc. in its acquisition of assets from AEC Factory, Inc., a privately-held company.
- Represented Aerojet Rocketdyne in the sale of its concentrated solar power business to SolarReserve, LLC
- Represented Trio Engineered Products, Inc. in its sale to The Weir Group
- Represented Jenu Biosciences, LLC in its acquisition of the assets of Jenu Biosciences, Inc.
- Represented All Aboard America! Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of the shares of Sureride Charter, Inc. dba Sun Diego Charter Company, a simultaneous equity investment by the existing shareholders and related financing transaction
- Represented Quench, LLC and Brent Hocking in a sale of substantially all assets to DC Brands B.V., a joint venture between Diageo PLC (LSE: DGE, NYSE: DEO) and Combs Enterprises, LLC
- Represented Sunny Optics in its acquisition of Mead Instruments Corp. (Nasdaq: MEAD)
- Represented Trinity Pacific Limited, 1 East West Limited and Robert Lin in an exchange of all membership interests in 1 East West Limited
- Represented Celerity Partners IV, LLC and its subsidiary in its acquisition of Meridien Research, Inc. and Insearch.Net Inc. and related acquisition financing
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation in a wide range of corporate matters and M&A
- Represented loanDepot in connection with its acquisitions and corporate matters
- Represented Tree.com (NASDAQ: TREE) in connection with its acquisitions and divestitures
- Represented Rizvi Traverse in the take private of Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
- Represented TaylorMade-adidas in its acquisition of then-publicly traded Ashworth Inc.
- Represented Playboy Enterprises, Inc. in various corporate matters
- Represented Autosplice, Inc. in connection with its sale to Whitney
- Represented Expedia.com (NASDAQ: EXPE) in its acquisition of online travel media company Smarter Living, Inc.
- Represented Dah Mei Label Group in its sale to Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY)
- Represented Barrington Associates in its sale of its investment advisory business to Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC)
- Represented Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE: SFE) in its sale of portfolio company Pacific Title & Art Studio
- Represented Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. (NYSE: CFC) in its acquisition of assets from American Home Mortgage Corporation
- Represented U.S. Bank (NYSE: USB) in various matters as indenture trustee in bond default matters
- Represented Two Elk Generation Partners in the issuance of aggregate $354,300,000 Tax-Exempt Variable Rate Industrial Development Revenue Bonds
- Represented CALPLY in its sale of its wholesale building material distribution business to L&W Supply Corporation (NYSE: USG)
- Represented Custom Leathercraft in its recapitalization with Stephens Capital Partners
- Represented Maly’s of California in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA
- Public and private offerings of various types of tax-exempt bonds and certificates of participation
- China Investment, June 6, 2009
- China Investment, April 2009
- 21st Century Business Herald, March 2, 2009
- China Business Focus, September 1, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 26, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 19, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 12, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 5, 2008
- China Legal Review
China Law Blog Posts
- Daily Journal, December 11, 2018
- Will Chuchawat cuts to the chaseSuper Lawyers, 2018
- Will Chuchawat cuts to the chaseSuper Lawyers, June 2018
- Opus Bank Taps Sheppard Mullin for Help with Investment in That’s It NutritionDaily Journal, July 11, 2017
- Bison Capital Invests in Miva With Sheppard Mullin’s CounselDaily Journal, July 11, 2017
- Opus Equity Partners Calls on Sheppard Mullin for Counsel in DealsDaily Journal, May 9, 2017
- Opus Equity Partners Calls on Sheppard Mullin for CounselDaily Transcript, May 9, 2017
- Sheppard Mullin Steers Mercury Systems in Delta Microwave AcquisitionDaily Journal, April 11, 2017
- First Quarter Brought Positive Public PerformanceLos Angeles Business, April 10, 2017
- Law360, August 13, 2013
- China Business Focus
- "Life After the Investment. From IPO to Strategic Sale, How will your Investment Get Monetized?" YPO Angel Investors Event, February 11, 2019
- "DerM&A: Executing Your Liquidity Even," Annual AACD Meeting, Marina Del Rey, January 26, 2019
- "Bioscience Entrepreneurs Boot Camp," LA Biostart, Winter 2018
- "Panel Discussion: Investing in Innovation in the Age of Disruption Moderator," Spark Executive Forum, October 4, 2018
- M&A Instructor, LABioStart Bootcamp, Cal State LA, August 2017
- "What Your M&A Attorney Should be Telling You," ALB Shanghai In-House Legal Summit 2016, June 23, 2016
- "What Your M&A Attorney Should be Telling You?," Association of Corporate Counsel, 2014
- Corporate Counsel Presentation, Association of Corporate Counsel, 2013
- "Don't Call it Boilerplate," Association of Corporate Counsel - SoCal, August 2012
- Los Angeles Bioscience Advisory Panel, County of Los Angeles