- J.D., Southwestern Law School, 2013, magna cum laude; Associate Editor, Southwestern University Law Review
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2007
Whitney Nonnette Perry is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Whitney’s practice is focused on defending Fortune 500 companies in a broad range of civil lawsuits. Whitney has successfully resolved claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, unfair labor practices, wrongful termination, intentional infliction of emotional distress, breach of contract, and defamation at all stages of litigation.
Whitney leverages her employment litigation experience to provide practical advice to employers on best practices for hiring and terminating employees, paying employees, providing leaves of absence, conducting workplace investigations, issuing discipline, and other employment issues. She also works with legal and human resources departments to develop and implement customized employment policies and practices. In addition to general advice and counsel, Whitney conducts payroll, timekeeping and compensation audits for employers to proactively ensure compliance with state and federal wage and hour laws.
Whitney received a bachelor’s degree from UCLA and a law degree from Southwestern Law School where she was awarded the Dean’s Merit Scholarship and graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, she served as an associate editor for the Southwestern University Law Review and externed for the Honorable Stephen J. Hillman of the United States District Court, Central District of California.
- Successfully resolved claims for pregnancy and sex discrimination and harassment against a Fortune 10 retail corporation;
- Successfully resolved claims for race and age discrimination, retaliation and harassment against a global aerospace and defense technology corporation;
- Successfully obtained a dismissal of unfair labor practice charges against a leading beverage distributor;
- Advised entertainment payroll company regarding compliance with state and federal data breach reporting laws;
- Advised production company regarding liability for intentional torts committed by cast members of a reality series during filming;
- Advised a leading French cosmetics and beauty company regarding key international employment trends affecting the cosmetics industry;
- Developed employment policies and procedures complaint with federal and CA, NY, NJ, and MA state laws for a luxury home linens brand; and
- Performed payroll, timekeeping, and compensation audit of a global maritime company.
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Short Rest Breaks are Compensable Under the FLSA," October 26, 2017