- J.D., The Ohio State University
- LL.B., East China University of Political Science and Law
- New York
- Mandarin Chinese
Yu Xia is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Shanghai office.
Areas of Practice
Yu practices in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, and general corporate and business law. Yu has represented both international and Chinese clients in various projects, including their offshore PE investment, cross-border M&A, establishment of Joint Venture of China, as well as providing general legal advices in relation to taxation, labor and intellectual property.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Yu worked in a leading Chinese law firm.
- Represented a HK listed pharmaceutical company in its Series A-1 investment in a US based pharmaceutical corporation
- Represented a HK listed pharmaceutical company in its Series A investment in a UK drug manufacturer
- Represented a venture capital firm in its Series B investment in a China based online education company
- Represented a Chinese PE fund in its Series A investment in a China based semiconductor company
- Assisted a HK listed medical device company in establishing a joint venture with a leading European cardiac rhythm management device manufacturer in Shanghai
- Assisted a Greek company in its acquisition of a mining company in Liaoning Province
- Acted as the seller's counsel for a European PE fund in disposing its portfolio companies in China
- New York Bar Association
- Member of All-China Bar Association