- M.S.,Electrical and Computer Engineering, Brigham Young University, 2010
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2003
- B.S., Electronic Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, 2000
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Yanling Yang is a patent agent in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Yang performs various tasks related to patent prosecution including all aspects of preparing and prosecuting patent applications. Her areas of technical focus include wireless communication, video coding and decoding, speech recognition and processing, artificial intelligence, machine/deep Learning, vehicle communication, electronic devices, computer network, database, search engine, social network, CAD design, medical devices, semiconductors, circuits, virtual and augmented reality.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Yang had been working with Fenwick and West LLP, Patent Law Works LLP, and Glidewell Laboratories as a patent agent.
Previously, Ms. Yang was a patent examiner at State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO).
- "MIMO channel spatial covariance estimation: Analysis using a closed-form model", IEEE International Conference on Wireless Information Technology and System (ICWITS), Aug. 28 - Sept. 3, 2010
- "Channel Covariance Modeling for Multi-User MIMO Systems", Proceedings of the Fourth European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), April 12 -16, 2010