Dr. Yunlai Zha is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Silicon Valley office.
Areas of Practice
Yunlai advises companies on their diverse needs on intellectual property matters, including global patent procurement and portfolio management, invalidity patent analysis, non-infringement patent analysis, freedom-to-operate, IP asset due diligence, open source license and compliance, trade secret protection and compliance, etc.
Yunlai's practice includes patent prosecution and litigation and focuses on software and hardware applications in blockchain, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), semiconductors, optical devices, telecommunications, medical devices, robotics, and clean energy and renewables.
- New York Law Journal, 03.09.2022
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: Law of the Ledger
- "Money Laundering and High-Value Art: Treasury’s Study Discusses Financial Crimes and NFTs," March 2, 2022
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "USPTO’s Pilot Program for Deferring Subject Matter Eligibility Response," January 24, 2022
"Patent Protection on AI Inventions," August 30, 2021
China Law Update Blog
- "美国专利商标局专利主体资格延迟回复的试点项目," January 25, 2022
- "Treasury’s Study Discusses Financial Crimes and NFTs," February 23, 2022
J.D., The George Washington University, 2019
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2014
M.A., Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2011
B.S., Physics, Biophysics and Biochemistry, Brandeis University, 2009
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Chinese (Mandarin)