Zijian Han is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Silicon Valley office.
Areas of Practice
Zijian's practice focuses on information technology-related patent litigation. He has a strong interest in the computer science field, including general software applications, machine learning, deep learning, data mining, natural language processing, computer vision, databases, blockchain, and distributed networking. He also has experience working with patents related to semiconductors and telecommunication.
Zijian was an executive editor of Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property in law school. Prior to attending law school, he worked as an application developer in the investment banking industry.
- Sheppard Mullin, Spring 2023
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "In Re: Cellect, LLC No. 2022-1293 (Fed. Cir. Aug. 28, 2023)," October 24, 2023
- "Amgen Inc. v. Sandoz Inc, No. 2022-1147 (Fed. Cir. Apr. 19, 2023)," August 30, 2023
- "Parus Holdings, Inc. v. Google LLC, No. 2022-1269, 2022-1270 (Fed. Cir. Jun. 12, 2023)," August 1, 2023
- "2023 Federal Circuit Case Summaries," April 24, 2023
- "Early 2023 Update: Where Are Plaintiffs Filing Patent Cases Now?," February 10, 2023
- "Recent Expansion of IPR Estoppel Scope Viewed As Victory for Patent Owners," February 28, 2022
J.D., Northwestern University, 2021
Master of Computer Science, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2020
Bachelor of Computing (Computer Science) with Honours (Distinction), National University of Singapore, 2016
- Chinese (Mandarin)