Bryan D. DalyTEL: 213.617.5466
333 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade
- White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations
Bryan D. DalyPrint PDF
Mr. Daly co-chairs Sheppard Mullins' Government Contracts and White Collar Defense practice groups and works out of the firm's Los Angeles office. Mr. Daly is a former Assistant United States Attorney for the Central District of California, Criminal Division, Public Corruption and Government Fraud Section.
As a federal prosecutor, Mr. Daly was responsible for the investigation and prosecution of a wide variety of fraud and whistleblower cases, including health care fraud, aerospace and defense contractor fraud, and environmental violations. From 1991 through April 1995, Mr. Daly served as Director of the government's Southern California Government Fraud Task Force and supervised numerous law enforcement agents from various federal agencies. He received the 1992 Department of Justice Director's Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant United States Attorney, and the 1994 Department of Justice Special Achievement Award for Sustained Superior Performance as an Assistant United States Attorney.
In private practice, Mr. Daly has tried numerous criminal and complex civil cases in federal and state courts including those for businesses and executives under investigation or charged with white collar criminal offenses, including the defense of companies and executives accused of FCPA violations. He has also conducted more than 100 internal investigations and compliance inquiries for a number of major corporations. In this capacity, Mr. Daly has worked closely with management to create effective training and compliance programs for employees and has also investigated fraud and other allegations of misconduct on behalf of these companies, and has coordinated voluntary disclosures and case referrals to the Department of Justice and other impacted agencies where appropriate. Many of these matters have been in response to whistleblowers' allegations and False Claims Act complaints. Specifically, Mr. Daly has investigated and defended dozens of whistleblower suits brought against Northrop Grumman Corporation, Hughes Aircraft Company, Raytheon Corporation, Duke Electric Corporation, and Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. In an effort to help avoid or minimize the adverse impact of whistleblowers' suits, Mr. Daly has worked closely with management (1) to develop and implement effective self-governance programs, and (2) to create training and compliance programs for employees to self-report allegations of misconduct. Where appropriate, he has also coordinated voluntary disclosures and case referrals to the Department of Justice and other impacted agencies.
Mr. Daly was nominated in 2008 as one of the top ten White Collar Defense attorneys in the United States by Chambers USA. He has been recognized as one of the nation's top ranked White Collar Defense attorneys by Chamber USA and The Best Lawyers in America since 2004. Mr. Daly is also currently the Chairman of the ABA's Subcommittee on False Claims Act Litigation.
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1985
- B.A., Ramapo College, 1982
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1995
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1985
- California, 1985
- Main Justice Best FCPA Lawyers, 2013
- Top 100 Lawyers in California, Daily Journal, 2011
- Top 100 Lawyers in California, Daily Journal, 2010
- Top White Collar Litigation Lawyers, Chambers & Partners', 2009-2013
- Southern California Super Lawyer, 2009-2013
- Who's Who Legal, California, 2009
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2006-2014
- Sheppard Mullin Signs Six from Mayer Brown, The Recorder, January 5, 2009
Global Trade Law Blog Articles
- "Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Protection: For America Only," November 13, 2013