- Daily Journal, November 18, 2015
- Daily Journal, November 5, 2014
Portrait of Gordon Hampton, 1988, Arnold Mesches
Sheppard Mullin has a strong tradition of supporting the arts community. One of the firm's founding partners, Gordon F. Hampton, was a serious art collector and patron of the arts, who served as a trustee of the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art and helped to found the Fellows of Contemporary Art, a non-profit organization active in promoting and funding the work of contemporary artists.
In 1999, The Gordon F. Hampton Collection was gifted to The University Art Museum (UAM) at California State University, Long Beach. The bulk of the collection is maintained at Sheppard Mullin's downtown Los Angeles office, which serves as a satellite exhibit facility for the UAM and the university's art outreach programs.
Continuing our legacy in the arts, Sheppard Mullin's Art Law Practice Group draws upon a wide variety of legal fields to provide the following services to the international fine art community:
- Estate planning for artists and collectors
- Loans secured by fine art
- Museum, foundation and gallery advisory services
- Museum "franchising"
- Exhibition sponsorships
- Private and public commissions
- Private sales, consignments and auctions
- Licensing and merchandising agreements related to fine art prints, posters and consumer products
- Charitable gifts
- Provenance review and research
- Restitution claims
- Law360, July 30, 2012
- Law360, May 14, 2012
- Law360, January 23, 2012
- On Wall Street, November 1, 2009
- Due Diligence is needed prior to Sale of Artwork.Daily Journal, February 5, 2009