- L.LM, Aix-Marseille III University
Dimitris Vallindas is a senior associate in the Antitrust and Completion Practice Group in the firm's Brussels office.
Areas of Practice
Dimitris specialises in European and Greek competition and regulatory Law. In particular, Dimitris has been involved in cartel cases, antitrust and State aid litigation before the European and national courts, including applications for annulment of European Commission decisions. He is involved in work connected with the application of EU competition law to several industry specific sectors, including in particular the sectors of aviation (articles 101 TFEU and 107-108 TFEU), rail transport (articles 107-108 TFEU) and energy (articles 102 TFEU and 106 TFEU).
Dimitris was an academic assistant in EU law at the University of Aix-en-Provence for three years. He completed an extensive traineeship at the European Commission, DG Competition, in a unit working on State aid matters relating to Research, Development and Innovation as well as Risk Capital. He also worked as a trainee attorney and associate in two international law firms in Brussels.
- Olympic Airways Services – Olympic Airlines. Assisted in the privatisation process of Olympic Airways Services and Olympic Airlines, from the design of the process to its notification and approval by the Commission, ensuring no new State aid was granted and that no previous State aid liabilities would be transferred to the buyer.
- Hellenic Republic - Olympic Airways. Advised on the grant of restructuring aid to Olympic Airways (and the preparation of a restructuring plan) and in the subsequent EU Courts litigation on State aid issues that ended in 2010, helping to achieve the partial annulment of two Commission's negative decisions.
- Marine Hoses cartel. Assisted in the preparation of an application of annulment of the Commission’s Decision on behalf of an important marine hoses producer.
- Heat Stabilisers cartel. Assisted in the defence of a major market operator from the early stages of the Commission's investigation to the proceedings before the General Court of the EU.
- Public Power Corporation – Lignite Market. Assisted in the General Court proceedings against two Commission Decisions on an alleged infringement of Article 102 TFEU in conjunction with Article 106 TFEU.
- Hellenic Republic – OSE/TRAINOSE. Advising the Hellenic Republic in relation to all EU law aspects of the restructuring of its railway sector; in particular, this process concerns the restructuring of the only Greek railway undertaking and the infrastructure manager.
- A large online gaming operator. Advised in the context of the liberalisation of the Greek gaming sector
- Alstom. Advising in Alstom's request for State financing for a number of R&D projects in the renewable energy, energy transport and transport sectors, to be notified to the Commission under the framework for research and development aid
- "New developments in the COMESA merger control regime - on the path to maturity." Hogan Lovells (May 2014)
- "Antitrust Competition and Economic Regulation Alert: New developments in the COMESA merger control regime - on the path to maturity." Hogan Lovells (23 April 2014)