Jerry J. GumpelTEL: 858.720.8965
12275 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
- International Practice
Jerry J. GumpelPrint PDF
Jerry Gumpel is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in Sheppard Mullin's Del Mar Heights office. He is the leader of the firm's International Practice Group and a member of the Latin American team.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Gumpel advises clients on corporate and real estate matters. He specializes in formation of joint ventures and partnerships, structuring investment vehicles and platforms, advising companies, entrepreneurs, privately held businesses and family offices on their domestic and international matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate structure and governance, and negotiation of strategic alliances and co-investments with private equity funds. His clients range from multinational corporations and financial service providers, to high net worth families and privately held businesses. Mr. Gumpel represents sponsors of real estate funds and investors in all facets of real estate investments including hospitality, multi-family and shopping centers. He advises clients whose businesses span the United States-Mexican border or the U.S. Canadian border and represents United States-based businesses with a multinational presence as well as significant Mexican, Brazilian and South African companies that have invested in the United States. He represents numerous international clients from Mexico, the United Kingdom, and South Africa, as well as U.S. clients investing abroad.
- J.D., University of Chicago
- M.A., M.A.L.D., The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- B.A., University of California, San Diego
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Board of Directors, U.S. Mexican Bar Association
- National Commissioner, Former Chairman, Regional Board of the Anti Defamation League
- The Global Family in America
- Tax Planning For In-Bound Investments Into the U.S.
- Maximizing the Benefits of Your International Structure, May 13, 2008