- J.D., The George Washington University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2007, magna cum laude
Mr. Ramsey is an associate in the Business Trial and Entertainment, Technology and Advertising Practice Groups in the firm's Century City Office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Ramsey represents clients in all types of commercial litigation. In the media and entertainment field, he represents studios, producers, and broadcasting companies in claims relating to distribution rights, profit participation, and other accounting issues. Mr. Ramsey also represents clients in complex and general business litigation, including class actions involving claims of unfair competition, false advertising, and various other violations of California law.
Mr. Ramsey is currently representing or has represented:
- dick clark productions at trial and on appeal in a dispute with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association over rights to produce and distribute the Golden Globe Awards show.
- A movie studio in a two-phased arbitration: the first phase focused on the enforceability of an unsigned settlement agreement between the parties and the second phase on various accounting disputes.
- A telecommunications company in a series of four consumer class actions filed in both California and Texas alleging that our client's rates were not adequately disclosed.
- Match.com and its affiliate People Media, Inc. in class actions alleging false and fraudulent commercial email advertisements.
- An online retailer in a class action alleging fraudulent misrepresentations concerning the scope of shipping insurance offered on the website.
- A telecommunications company in an administrative appeal of a tax assessment.
- Several companies in different class actions alleging the wrongful recording of customer service calls. These matters have also involved extensive appellate work.
- Sprint Nextel and related entities in various matters.
- "No Class Certification In Call Recording Case," Association of Business Trial Lawyers Report, Summer 2014
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog Posts
- "Attacking Class Action Allegations On The Pleadings Can Be A Successful Strategy," March 29, 2016
- "In Sprint Victory, Judge Posner and the Seventh Circuit Hold That Arbitration Is Required in a TCPA Class Action Even Though the Alleged Violation Occurred After the Termination of the Contract," May 19, 2015
- "Another Blow to Call Recording Class Actions," December 2, 2014
- "Are Call Recording Class Actions Doomed?" February 27, 2014
Healthcare Law Blog