Juthamas Judy SuwatanapongchedTEL: 213.617.5534
333 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Juthamas Judy SuwatanapongchedPrint PDF
Ms. Suwatanapongched is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Judy’s practice covers a wide variety of complex business litigation. Her experience includes defending clients in consumer class actions and representing clients in a broad spectrum of business disputes, including breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition law violations under Section 17200, privacy rights, false advertising, breach of fiduciary duties, and violations of state and federal antitrust law. She has also represented financial institutions in matters dealing with commercial loan defaults, judicial foreclosures, and lender liability.
In November 2012, Judy helped found and launch the Thai American Bar Association (“TABA”), where she currently serves as TABA’s Founding President. TABA is the first organization to support Thai and Thai-American legal professionals in the United States. Judy also serves as the Executive Vice President of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles (“APABA”), where she has served on the Board of Governors since 2007.
In addition to her leadership roles externally, Judy is an active member of the firm’s diversity group, the Diversity and Inclusion Attorney Network.
- J.D., University of Southern California, 2009; Staff, Interdisciplinary Law Journal; Internal Vice President, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- B.A., Northwestern University, 2005; Senior Thesis with Distinction; President, Thai Club
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Founding President, Thai American Bar Association
- Executive Vice President, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog Articles
- "Dennis v. Kellogg Company: Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Sets Aside Class Action Settlement Because Terms Did Not Meet Legal Standards for Cy Pres Distribution," September 17, 2012
- "California Court of Appeal Clarifies Breach of Warranty Law in Class Actions and Vacates Order Certifying Class of Consumers in American Honda Motor Company, Inc. v. Superior Court," December 9, 2011
- "California Court of Appeal Holds Class Action Waiver in Commercial Contract Not Unconscionable," September 21, 2010
- "Second Circuit Court of Appeals Finds Arbitration Provision Waiving Class Actions Unenforceable And Applies Stolt-Nielsen to Deny Class Arbitration", July 30, 2010
Law of the Level Blog Articles
- "Machinima: Machine + Cinema", March 16, 2010