- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2001, magna cum laude, Senior Articles Editor for the Hastings Law Journal and the Brief Editor for the National Moot Court Team
- M.S., Golden Gate University, 1997
- B.S., Golden Gate University, 1994
Mona Solouki is a special counsel in the Antitrust and Trade Regulation Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Solouki specializes in defending individual and nation-wide class action lawsuits under both state and federal antitrust and consumer protection statutes. Ms. Solouki's experience includes managing complex antitrust actions from inception to trial through discovery, motion practice, and trial preparation. She is also experienced in working with economic experts on liability and damages issues, and has taken and defended expert depositions. Ms. Solouki appears before both state and federal courts and also has experience in private arbitration before the Court of International Chamber of Commerce.
Ms. Solouki's recent case experiences include, among others, In re SRAM Antitrust Litigation; Rambus Inc. v. Micron Technology, Inc., et al.; DRAM Claims Liquidation Trust v. Hynix Semiconductor, Inc. et al.; and In re DRAM Antitrust Litigation. She is also currently involved in defending an opt-out action involving allegations of price fixing and market allocation in the LCD market.
Ms. Solouki is a member of the California Bar. She is also admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California.
Antitrust Law Blog Posts
- "In a Rarely-Seen Joint-Effort in the Competition Arena, the DOJ and the USPTO Unite in Issuing a Policy Statement on Remedies Involving Standard Essential Patents," January 16, 2013
- "Court Throws Out Antitrust Claims Against Netflix", May 24, 2011
- "Court Tosses Transpacific Air Passengers' Claims Based on Alleged Overcharges for Flights Originating in Asia", May 13, 2011
- "Indirect Purchaser Plavix Class Actions Tossed for Lack of Antitrust Standing", February 18, 2011
- "Aspartame Class Action Dismissal Affirmed on Statute of Limitations Grounds", February 18, 2011
- "Court Dismisses Claims Against Shippers Under Twombly And The Filed Rate Doctrine", October 12, 2009
- Antitrust and Intellectual Property Boot Camp, The Bar Association of San Francisco, April 7, 2015
- Presented by the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Antitrust Section, co-sponsored with the Intellectual Property SectionApril 7, 2015