Labor and Employment Law Update & Happy Hour Fall 2012 - Orange County
In recent months there have been several significant developments in the law of which employers should be aware. At our upcoming seminars, Sheppard Mullin labor and employment attorneys will discuss these important new cases and answer your questions. We will explain how these developments will affect the day-to-day decisions made by business owners, in-house counsel and human resource professionals. We will also address the current trends in employment litigation and class actions, and discuss how employers can manage risk in the most effective way possible.
We will cover numerous topics, including but not limited to:
Wage and Hour Developments
- Brinker – what the court said and did not say
- Meal and rest periods policies and practices in a post-Brinker world
- Recent developments to help you determine whether your workers are properly classified as exempt
- New requirements for commission plans
Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
- The new and newly-expanded scope of characteristics protected by law
- EEOC’s new guidance on the consideration of arrest and conviction records in employment decisions
- Round up of recent discrimination and harassment decisions
NLRB Updates and Developments
- Social media in the workplace (and outside the workplace)
- NLRB’s new webpage describing protected concerted activity
- The latest on the threatened notice posting requirement
Plus Updates On
- Using arbitration agreements and class action waivers effectively
- Developments in class action litigation
- The latest guidance from the EEOC, DFEH and DLSE
- Protected leaves
And much more…
As always, this seminar will be informative, interactive, and engaging. We would be delighted if you joined us for cocktails after the presentation. Our attorneys will stay to answer your follow-up questions.
3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Cocktails & Hor d'oeuvres
5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Registration & Materials $25
Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Speakers: Greg Labate and Matthew Sonne
Questions? Contact Melissa Omphroy firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.774.2997.
For the latest updates on labor and employment law, please visit:
This program has been approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 2012).
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2.0 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.