- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010, Executive Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2004, cum laude
- Extern to the Honorable Roger Titus, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California
Rachel Tarko Hudson is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Rachel advises clients in the retail, technology, media, and other industries in online and mobile e-commerce transactions and vendor agreements, intellectual property licensing, commercial and development agreements, and other transactional matters. She assists clients in complying with domestic and international privacy laws, clearing advertising campaigns, conducting contests and sweepstakes promotional initiatives, and conducting e-mail, mobile, cause, and other forms of marketing. She also helps clients with trademark prosecution matters.
Additionally, Rachel has experience handling a variety of litigation and pre-litigation matters including consumer class actions and arbitrations.
- Received Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service award from the Volunteer Legal Services Program of the San Francisco Bar Association, 2011
- Chevron Fails to Stall Enforcement, The Recorder, March 20, 2012
- In Context: The Chevron-Ecuador Litigation, Law360, Dec. 17, 2010
- Pick Your Poison: Abuse of Legal Versus Illegal Substances as Mitigation in Attorney Disciplinary Cases, 22 Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics 911 (2009).
Class Action Defense Strategy Law Blog Articles
- "California Court of Appeal Continues the Trend of Limiting Tobacco II," November 15, 2010
Covering Your Ads Blog Articles
- "California Enacts New Data Privacy Laws," October 18, 2013
- "Third Circuit Issues Decision in New Jersey Gift Card Escheat Suit," January 30, 2012
Latin American Law Blog Articles
- "The Chevron Ecuador Saga Continues as Second Circuit Overturns Anti-Enforcement Injunction," March 12, 2012
Social Media Law Blog Articles
- "California Online Tracking Disclosure Bill Heads to Governor for Signature," September 25, 2013
- "FTC Updates COPPA FAQs," August 5, 2013
- "California Bill to Expand Data Security Breach Notification Law Clears Senate Hurdle," May 23, 2013
- "California AG to Begin Enforcing Privacy Law Against App Developers - $2500-per-Download Fines," December 7, 2012
- "New York AG Addresses Cause Marketing on Social Media," November 28, 2012
- "Companies Using Pinterest, Be Careful Not to Get Pricked," April 26, 2012
- "Occupiers' Motion to Quash Subpoenas of Tweets Raises Privacy Questions," April 3, 2012