- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1999, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Pepperdine University, 1994, cum laude
Stephanie Zeppa is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Zeppa has extensive experience representing both private and public companies in a wide range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financing, strategic transactions and corporate governance matters. She also works with emerging growth companies, founders, institutional investors and other investors in connection with formation, financing and exits of emerging growth and technology companies. The companies that she works with are in a number of industries including digital media, interactive entertainment, digital health, retail fashion, IT and financial services throughout the United States and Europe.
Stephanie has been nationally recognized as a leading venture capital and M&A lawyer. Chambers Guide: Stephanie Zeppa is described by clients as "a very solid ally on your team," "a very logical and fast thinker" and "an excellent negotiator" with a "broad understanding of issues."
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts, Legal 500, 2014
- Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital, Chambers, 2013
- Represented Service Mesh in its sale to Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC).
- Represented HealthLoop in connection with its $10,000,000 Series A Financing.
- Represented WiserCare in connection with its Seed Financing.
- Advised on Sony Computer Entertainment America's separate acquisitions of Incognito Entertainment, Red Zone Interactive, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions and Zipper Interactive, developers of consumer software entertainment products.
- Represented a founder of Twitter in a secondary sale of securities.
- Represented Essence Digital, an award winning digital agency with global reach and Fortune 100 technology clients, in acquisition of mobile advertising company Point Reach, and digital media group Black Bag. Acted as outside general counsel for North American expansion.
- Represented Big Buddha, Inc. in its sale to Steve Madden, Ltd.
- Advised on the sale of Paymo to Boku, a mobile payment provider.
- Represented DNA Direct in its sale to Medco Health Solutions.
- Represented venture fund investors in various early and late stage institutional rounds of investments for a diverse range of technology companies including Kiip, Jelli, Delighted, Ekahau, DNA Direct and Reaction Housing Systems.
- Advised on Experian's separate acquisitions of MetaReward, a leading online customer acquisition company; PromiseMark, a developer of online consumer protection software; and ThermoMedia, an Internet-based marketing company.
- Advised on the sale of HealthNet Dental and HealthNet Vision to SafeGuard Health Enterprises.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Applying a Legal Bandaid to Defective Acts: Delaware Law Creates New Procedures to Ratify Defective Corporate Acts," March 26, 2014
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Proposed health IT strategy aims to promote innovation," June 11, 2014
- "Mobile Medical App Regulations on the Move – Proposed Bills To Further Alter the Regulatory Landscape of Mobile Medical Applications," March 31, 2014
- "The FDA Releases Long-Awaited Final Guidance on Mobile Medical Applications," September 24, 2013
- Law360, August 13, 2013
- Panelist, "Digital Health Innovation: Project to Product, Gladstone Institute, San Francisco, May 14, 2014
- Chair, IMPACT Committee - Compass Family Services
- Catalyst Award Program Advisor, Clinical and Translational Science Institute - UCSF
- Member, California Bar Association
- Advisor, Astia