- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1999, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Pepperdine University, 1994, cum laude
Stephanie Zeppa is a partner in the Corporate Practice in the firm's Palo Alto and San Francisco offices. Her corporate expertise covers businesses in a variety of industries including digital media, software and IT, life sciences and digital health, videogame and interactive entertainment.
Areas of Practice
Nationally recognized as a leading venture capital and M&A lawyer, Chambers USA’s Guide to Leading Lawyers noted Ms. Zeppa is described by clients as "a very solid ally on your team," "a very logical and fast thinker" and "an excellent negotiator" with a "broad understanding of issues."
Ms. Zeppa has extensive experience representing both private and public companies in a wide range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, investments, strategic transactions as well as corporate governance matters. She also represents emerging growth companies, founders, institutional and strategic investors in connection with formation, financing and exits of emerging growth and technology companies.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts, Legal 500, 2014
- Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital, Chambers, 2013
- Represented venture fund investors in various early and late stage institutional rounds of investments for a diverse range of technology companies including Kiip, Jelli, Delighted, InvoiceASAP, MobilePD, Treedom, Ekahau, DNA Direct and Reaction Housing Systems.
- Represented HealthLoop in connection with its $10,000,000 Series A Financing.
- Represented a variety of early stage technology companies in connection with seed financings and corporate matters including WiserCare, FishFishMe, Synthicity, Chair, ServiceMesh, Waved, and Zordera.
- Advised on Sony Computer Entertainment America's separate acquisitions of Incognito Entertainment, Red Zone Interactive, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions and Zipper Interactive, developers of consumer software entertainment products.
- Advised on Experian's separate acquisitions of MetaReward, a leading online customer acquisition company; PromiseMark, a developer of online consumer protection software; and ThermoMedia, an Internet-based marketing company.
- Represented Service Mesh in its sale to Computer Sciences Corp.
- Represented Factor Support Network Pharmacies in its sale to American Service & Product.
- Represented Essence Digital, an award winning digital agency with global reach and Fortune 100 technology clients, in acquisition of mobile advertising company Point Reach, and digital media group Black Bag. Acted as outside general counsel for North American expansion.
- Advised on the sale of Paymo to Boku, a mobile payment provider.
- Represented DNA Direct in its sale to Medco Health Solutions.
- Advised on the sale of HealthNet Dental and HealthNet Vision to SafeGuard Health Enterprises.
- Represented digital play studio Toca Boca in a licensing deals with Amazon, Microsoft and international distribution partners.
- Represented digital play studio Toca Boca in a content distribution deal with VTech to bring award-winning apps to the its InnoTab® MAX.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Applying a Legal Bandaid to Defective Acts: Delaware Law Creates New Procedures to Ratify Defective Corporate Acts," March 26, 2014
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Go For De Novo: FDA’s Revised Approach to Medical Device Accessories," February 19, 2015
- "Interface without Regulation – FDA Deregulates MDDS and Related Technologies," February 12, 2015
- "FDA Issues Guidance for Low-Risk General Wellness Products," January 23, 2015
- "Proposed health IT strategy aims to promote innovation," June 11, 2014
- "Mobile Medical App Regulations on the Move – Proposed Bills To Further Alter the Regulatory Landscape of Mobile Medical Applications," March 31, 2014
- "The FDA Releases Long-Awaited Final Guidance on Mobile Medical Applications," September 24, 2013
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "U.S. and China Strike Visa Deal," November 11, 2014
Video Game Law Blog Posts
- "Investment Trends in the Gaming Industry," December 1, 2014
- Law360, August 13, 2013
- Panelist, "Digital Health Innovation: Project to Product, Gladstone Institute, San Francisco, May 14, 2014
- Chair, IMPACT Committee - Compass Family Services
- Catalyst Award Program Advisor, Clinical and Translational Science Institute - UCSF
- Member, California Bar Association
- Advisor, Astia