Whitney HodgesTEL: 619.338.6542
501 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Whitney HodgesPrint PDF
Whitney Hodges is an associate in the Real Estate, Land Use and Natural Resources practice group in the firm's San Diego office. She also serves on the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, the Recruiting Committee, and the Latin Business Team.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Hodges's practice focuses on general business litigation with an emphasis on land use litigation, real estate litigation, business torts/contracts, intellectual property, and litigation involving internet usage. Ms. Hodges handles all aspects of litigation, including administrative, trial court, and appellate proceedings in both state and federal courts.
Ms. Hodges's has worked on a variety of real estate transactions representing both landlords and tenants. This includes the negotiating and drafting of ground leases, office leases, industrial/warehouse leases, reciprocal easements and purchase and sale agreements. Ms. Hodges's experience also includes counseling clients regarding intellectual property rights, environmental compliance issues and the reuse of real property.
Ms. Hodges's commercial litigation practice encompasses contract disputes, unfair business practice claims, real estate disputes, intellectual property disputes, and internet usage. Ms. Hodges currently represents businesses and individuals in both bringing and defending in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters.
Land Use Litigation
Ms. Hodges represents public agencies, developers, large and small businesses, property owners, and other private parties involving compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the California Coastal Act, the Subdivision Map Act, the Mitigation Fee Act, the Brown Act, the California Public Records Act, and other State and local development regulations. Ms. Hodges also handles matters involving easement and real property disputes.
- J.D., University of Southern California, 2010, President; Phi Alpha Delta Law Society; Advocacy Vice Chair and Competitor, Hale Moot Court Honors Program
- B.A., University of Southern California, 2007, with honors
- Extern to the Honorable Roy L. Paul, California Superior Court, Los Angeles, California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District
Climate Change & Clean Technology Law Blog Articles
- "What Will It Cost for California to Save the World? California Conducts its First Greenhouse Gas Cap-and-Trade Auction," December 5, 2012
- "ARB Initiates The Development Process For A Potentially Controversial Agricultural Equipment Regulation," September 26, 2012
- "California Appellate Court Greenlights Air Resources Board's Cap-And-Trade Program," June 26, 2012
- "California Adopts Revolutionary New Clean Car Standards," February 10, 2012
- "California AB 32's Cap-And-Trade Program Developments," October 5, 2011
- "June Proves To Be A Busy Month For ARB And Its Proposed Cap-and-Trade Program," July 6, 2011
- "Superior Court's Injunction Preventing California's Cap and Trade Program Has Been Stayed...Right?," June 10, 2011
- "California Court Issues Tentative Ruling Enjoining AB 32 Implementation," February 4, 2011
Latino American Blog Articles
- "Taking a Cue From Brazil's Sustainable Development Practices Past and Present," December 14, 2011
- "United States Increases Entertainment Exports to Latin American Markets," December 1, 2011
Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Law Blog Articles