Marisa Brutoco is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Orange County and Silicon Valley offices and is a Team Leader of the firm’s Technology Transactions Team.
Areas of Practice
Marisa Brutoco uses her years of experience working with some of the world's most innovative technology companies to help provide strategic legal and business advice for her clients regarding technology, commercial, and intellectual property transactions and product development. Marisa was in-house counsel at Amazon, Google/YouTube, GoPro, and Apple. Marisa has significant industry expertise in areas including healthcare/digital health, telecom, edtech, clean tech, entertainment/digital media, news, sports, the metaverse and government contracts.
Marisa negotiates deals and advises on issues and product launches related to software/software as a service, cloud computing, hardware development and supply chain agreements, mobile and online app development and distribution, procurement, services and vendor agreements, university tech transfer, OEM, reseller and distribution agreements, the Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality (VR/AR), IP licensing and assignments, artificial intelligence and data licensing. She also provides guidance on the technology, IP and commercial aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint venture agreements and financings.
Marisa serves on the Board of Trustees for her alma mater, Stanford University. She also serves as the on the board for her alma mater, Stanford Law School and is its Law Fund Chair. She is on the firm’s pro bono committee and she is a member of its diversity and inclusion working group. She is a board member and strategic advisor for ChIPs regional chapter, a nonprofit advancing women in IP and technology law and policy, and is on the California Lawyers Association Task Force on Artificial Intelligence.
Recognized in Media, Technology and Telecoms - Technology Transactions, Legal 500 US, 2023
Stanford Governor’s Award, 2023
John Wilson Award for Pro Bono Service, 2007, 2008
- Law360, 01.12.2022
- Stanford Law School, CA, 06.13.2022
- Stanford Board of Trustees
- Stanford Law School Board of Visitors
- Stanford LEAD Development Council
- Stanford Latino Alumni Association
- ChIPs (advancing women in IP and technology law and policy)
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Former Member, Stanford Athletics Board of Directors Executive Committee
- Former Co-chair, Stanford Law School Regional Alumni Chapter of Silicon Valley
- Former Member, Operations Committee, Stanford Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Former Member, Santa Clara University Institute for Sports Law and Ethics Executive Committee
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2004
A.B., International Relations, Political Science, Stanford University, 2000