Marisa Brutoco is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Orange County and Silicon Valley offices and is a Team Leader of the firm’s Technology & Commercial Transactions Team.
Areas of Practice
Marisa Brutoco uses her years of experience working with some of the world's most innovative technology companies to help provide strategic legal and business advice for her clients regarding technology, commercial, and intellectual property transactions. Marisa was in-house counsel at Amazon, Google/YouTube, GoPro, and Apple. Marisa has significant industry expertise in areas including healthcare, telecom, edtech, clean tech, entertainment/digital media, news, sports, the metaverse and government contracts.
Marisa negotiates deals and advises on issues and product launches related to software/software as a service, cloud computing, hardware development, mobile and online app development and distribution, procurement, services and vendor agreements, the Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality (VR/AR), IP licensing and assignments, and data licensing.
Marisa serves on Boards for her alma maters, Stanford Law School and Stanford University, and has been a speaker at conferences and a guest lecturer at Stanford Law School. She is active in pro bono matters, is on the firm’s pro bono committee and she is a member of her office’s diversity and inclusion working group.
Stanford Governor’s Award, 2023
John Wilson Award for Pro Bono Service, 2007, 2008
- Law360, 01.12.2022
- Stanford Law School, CA, 06.13.2022
- Stanford Law School Board of Visitors
- Stanford LEAD Development Council
- Stanford Latino Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Former Member, Stanford Athletics Board of Directors Executive Committee
- Former Co-chair, Stanford Law School Regional Alumni Chapter of Silicon Valley
- Former Member, Operations Committee, Stanford Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Former Member, Santa Clara University Institute for Sports Law and Ethics Executive Committee
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2004
A.B., International Relations, Political Science, Stanford University, 2000