External In-House Privacy Opportunities
Are you a privacy professional looking for an in-house career? Are you an employer looking to share potential opportunities with the industry? At Sheppard Mullin, we know how hard it is for companies to find skilled privacy professionals in this competitive marketplace.
According to a global study from Enterprise Strategy Group and Information Systems Security Association, the cybersecurity skills crisis is resulting in unfulfilled job requisitions, among other things. As part of Sheppard Mullin’s ongoing commitment to the privacy and cybersecurity industry, we are pleased to maintain this job board of in-house privacy openings.
Other innovative efforts from Sheppard Mullin in the privacy and cybersecurity space include our Privacy and Cybersecurity Fellowship (learn more here).
Employers, have a job you would like to have listed? Please contact Megan Bennett.
Posted September 18, 2023
US Privacy Counsel, CIBC (Chicago, IL)
The US Privacy Counsel will serve as a privacy subject matter expert (SME) within CIBC’s US Privacy Office, which is part of CIBC’s US Legal Department and CIBC’s Global Privacy Office. This SME will be responsible for leading and contributing to a variety of important financial privacy matters. This may include, for instance, interpreting and applying financial privacy laws, regulations, and guidance; investigating and responding to privacy incidents; identifying emerging privacy risks and trends; monitoring and tracking legislative and regulatory changes and implementing compliance with them; maintaining and reporting metrics; creating and conducting privacy training; and fostering a culture of Privacy by Design and privacy compliance throughout CIBC’s US Region.
The US Privacy Counsel will be expected to take initiative to identify needs and opportunities for US Privacy involvement and to lead teams and workstreams, as well as to perform work at the direction of the US Chief Privacy Officer and other senior leaders. The US Privacy Office operates in an extremely collaborative and collegial environment where all members are encouraged and expected to actively contribute and to grow in their careers.
Posted July 27, 2023
Senior Counsel, Privacy - Certn (Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Counsel - Privacy to join our growing Compliance team! Reporting to the General Counsel, you will play a critical role globally in ensuring our products and services align with all privacy and data protection regulations across all markets including GDRP, CCPA, and PIPEDA (and CPPA).
The Senior Counsel will coordinate, draft and negotiate privacy provisions in a wide range of agreements and maintain/update policies and procedures relating to data privacy including preparing DPIAs, TIAs, PIAs and responding / supporting with DSARs. You will lead a team of compliance professionals globally based in all Certn entities, fostering a culture of high performance, and providing guidance and training to employees at all levels and improving privacy awareness globally.
As our Senior Counsel, you will…
- Develop and implement a comprehensive compliance strategy and ensure adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Develop and maintain privacy policies, procedures, and guidelines that align with legal requirements and industry best practices.
- Lead the development and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures, and controls, ensuring they are communicated effectively across the organization and consistently applied.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and other relevant state, provincial, federal, and international privacy frameworks.
- Assess the impact of new legislation on the company's operations and develop compliance strategies accordingly.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments (PIAs) to identify potential privacy risks associated with the collection, storage, and processing of personal information.