Amanda Ackerman is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office. She is also a member of the Private Equity Team.
Areas of Practice
Amanda focuses her practice on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital. Her practice involves a full range of corporate transactions, including leveraged buyouts, public and private mergers and acquisitions, venture and growth equity financings, debt financings, reorganizations and restructurings.
Amanda represents portfolio companies of sponsor funds in add-on acquisitions, dispositions, corporate governance, and day-to-day legal and commercial matters. Amanda also regularly provides legal and strategic advice to emerging companies on formation, structuring, financing, and corporate governance matters.
Representative transactions include:
- The acquisition by alphabroder of Bodek and Rhodes, Inc. and Ash City Worldwide
- The acquisition by World and Main (formerly Hardware Holdings) of Plumbing Holdings Corporation and its subsidiary, Jones Stephens Corp.
- The sale of Professional Hospital Supply, Inc. to Medline Industries, Inc.
- The acquisition by Tullett Prebon of MOAB Oil
- Representation of Federal Resources Supply Company and KLH Capital in connection with a management buyout transaction and recapitalization and sale of a minority interest in Federal Resources to an affiliate of Alaris Royalty Corp.
- Representation of CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in connection with its Series A round of financing; and representation of PHHHOTO Inc. in connection with its seed round of financing
- "Court Sets Forth Road Map for Defending "Strike Suits": Fiduciary Duties in the Context of Dent v. Ramtron Int’l Corp." Transaction Advisors, September 25, 2014
- "Israel's Wealth Concentration Law Creates Corporate Buyout Opportunities," MoneyNews, January 10, 2014
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Fiduciary Duties in the Context of Dent v. Ramtron Int’l Corp.," September 2, 2014
- Presenter, “M&A Transactions with a Private Equity Fund: What the Target Company Needs to Know,” FurtherEd/Lawline Webinar, February 19, 2015