Amanda E. Beckwith is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Amanda represents employers in all aspects of employment-related matters in state and federal courts. Her practice includes defending employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour disputes. Amanda also has traditional labor experience, including arbitration, unfair labor practice and representation proceedings, and litigation related to the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
Amanda also counsels employers on the wide range of employment issues, including employee handbooks, leaves of absence, employee classification, and employment law compliance.
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2023-2024
- Daily Journal, 07.16.2021
- Daily Journal, 02.01.2017
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "NLRB Expands Scope of What Is Considered Protected Concerted Activity in Workplaces," September 6, 2023
- "Are You Sitting Down for This? California Court of Appeal Provides Further Guidance on Suitable Seating Claims," July 27, 2022
- Fall 2023, Sheppard Mullin San Francisco, 10.24.2023
J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2016
B.A., University of California, Irvine, 2012