Anne-Marie D. Dao is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Anne-Marie is a skilled trial litigator whose practice focuses on privacy and general business litigation. She is a zealous advocate for her clients. Her client-driven approach allows her to achieve results tailored to the needs of each specific client, in everything ranging from negotiating early settlements to bet-the-company litigation for her clients.
Anne-Marie manages cases from filing through trial. She represents clients in a wide variety of intellectual property, complex commercial, class action, and privacy matters. Anne-Marie’s intellectual property matters include leading litigations involving trademark infringement, copyright infringement, and trade secret cases.
Anne-Marie’s practice focuses on advising and defending corporate clients against privacy class action suits alleging the California Consumer Privacy Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Anne-Marie also counsels litigation clients on various business issues and manages disputes through alternative dispute resolution.
Best Lawyers One to Watch, 2021-2024
Super Lawyers San Diego Rising Stars, 2020-2022
- CPO Magazine, 06.26.2023
- Bloomberg Law, 05.02.2023
- The Review of Banking & Financial Services, July 2021
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "Where Do We Stand?: EU to US Data Transfers," June 9, 2023
- "Iowa Becomes Sixth State with Comprehensive Privacy Law," April 11, 2023
- "Illinois High Court Rules “Per-Scan” Damages Can Be Awarded Under BIPA," March 2, 2023
- "California AG Takes Aim At Customer Loyalty Programs," February 23, 2022
- "Australia Objects to 7-Eleven’s In-Store Use of Facial Recognition Technology," November 17, 2021
- Taming the Cookie Monster: Current Trends in Privacy Litigation, 12275 El Camino Real, Suite 100, San Diego, CA, 92130, 01.26.2024
Member, J. Clifford Wallace Inn of Court
Former Executive Committee Member, Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of California
Former Social Media Liaison, Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of California
9th Circuit Reporter, New Matter, Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of California
Chair Litigation Interest Group, Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of California
Education Chair, Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of California
J.D., UC Davis, 2011
B.A., UC Irvine, 2006, Departmental Honors; Order of Merit