- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 2016, with honors, Senior Managing Editor, Public Contract Law Journal
- B.A., Chapman University, 2013, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Ariel Debin is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ariel represents government contractors in various government contracts litigation and counseling matters, including in the following areas:
- False Claims Act litigation before the U.S. district courts and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims;
- conducting internal investigations relating to various government contracting issues;
- Contract Dispute Act (CDA) claims and litigation before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims;
- civil and criminal subpoena responses to both federal and state enforcement agencies, including representing clients in Department of Justice (DOJ) and inspector general investigations;
- small business issues under the Small Business Administration regulations, including issues of size status and affiliation;
- country of origin requirements under the Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act;
- bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims;
- the General Services Administration’s Multiple Award Schedule Program;
- suspension and debarment proceedings involving the General Services Administration’s Suspension and Debarment Division;
- compliance programs, including drafting policies and assisting in implementing compliance programs;
- subcontracts, teaming arrangements, joint ventures and related disputes;
- bribery, gratuities and kickbacks; and
- mandatory disclosures to the General Services Administration (GSA) Office of Inspector General.
In addition, Ariel advises on issues relating to U.S. sanctions regulations and U.S. export and import controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), as well as U.S. Unmanned Aerial Vehicle laws and regulations.
- Co-Author, "Fraud, Debarment & Suspension Conference Briefing Paper," West Government Contracts Year In Review Conference, Washington, D.C., February 23, 2018.
- Co-Author, "Feature Comment: Weathering The Storm: Forecasts For FCA Enforcement In The Trump Era," The Government Contractor, Vol. 58, No. 44, November 22, 2016
Government Contracts and Investigations Blog Posts