Andrew Desposito is special counsel in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Desposito's practice is focused on providing legal guidance, counsel, and support to employers in various industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, IT Services, Manufacturing, Fashion Design, and Life Sciences. His practice provides the full gamut of business immigration services to clients of varying sizes, from small start-ups to well-established businesses with thousands of employees worldwide. Such matters include I-9 compliance, EB1A, EB1B, National Interest Waivers, PERM Labor Certifications, H-1Bs, and E-2s, L-1s, O-1s, TNs, and other green card matters.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Andrew was in-house counsel for one of the largest healthcare systems in the country, wherein he provided support and guidance to various departments at the corporate headquarters as well as for local hospitals throughout the country. He was responsible for providing direct immigration sponsorship support for all employees throughout the healthcare system, as well as advise the company on I-9 and E-Verify compliance, I-9 audits, M&A analysis, and representation before USCIS on behalf of the company and employees before FDNS Officers and USCIS Field Officers. During his time in this role, Andrew expanded J-1 sponsorship of physicians at qualifying residency programs throughout the healthcare system, as well as utilized various visa sponsorship options available to organizations with a non-profit arm.
- What your Foreign National Client Needs to Know About VisasDaily Journal, 09.28.2023
French Desk Law Blog
- "U.S. Visas for Ukrainians and Russians: Navigating the Maze," March 11, 2022
- "NIE’s Now Good for 1 Year, More on Navigating the Travel Ban Jungle: National Interest Exception Checklist for the U.S. COVID Travel Bans," July 20, 2021
- "Navigating the Travel Ban Jungle: National Interest Exception Checklist for the U.S. COVID Travel Bans," July 1, 2021
Latin American Blog
- "Annual H-1B Visa Lottery Will Open on March 1, 2022," February 7, 2022
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "DHS Releases New Form I-9 and Video Verification Procedure: Guidance and Checklists for Busy Employers," August 3, 2023
- "DHS Announces New Form I-9 and Remote Verification for E-Verify Employers," July 24, 2023
- "ICE Announces July and August Deadlines for Employers: Preparing for the DHS Planned Sunset of the COVID Pandemic Remote I-9 Verification Accommodations," May 25, 2023
- "DHS Announces That Employers Should Continue to Use the Current I-9 Form After the Oct 31, 2022, Expiration," October 12, 2022
- "Planning Your U.S. Visa for the 2022 Rebound," Sheppard Mullin Webinar, May 11, 2021
- "Immigration Issue Spotting for Practitioners that are New to the Field of Immigration Law," American Bar Association Webinar, March 5, 2021
American Immigration Lawyers Association