Andrea Feathers is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Andrea specializes in complex commercial litigation. Her practice includes breach of contract litigation, business torts, healthcare, media law, environmental litigation, class action defense and shareholder derivative actions.
In the healthcare area, she has defended hospitals in class action litigation and represented health plans in ERISA single plaintiff litigation and class actions.
In her media defense practice, she counsels clients regarding defamation law, privacy law, access to public records and related issues.
Andrea is committed to pro bono work. She has represented clients in a variety of areas, including First Amendment law, public records access, asylum, landlord-tenant, adoption and guardianship.
In 2018, she was awarded the Bob Gerber Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, which recognizes one Sheppard Mullin attorney each year for pro bono work.
Andrea is an ambassador for the Young Literati, a membership benefit group of the Library Foundation of Los Angeles.
Clerkships and Externships
Before joining Sheppard Mullin, Andrea was a law clerk to the Honorable Andrew J. Guilford of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
During law school, she served as an extern to the Honorable Virginia A. Phillips of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Delaware Chancery Court Holds that Creditor Plaintiffs in Derivative Suits May Satisfy Standing Requirement by Showing Corporation’s Insolvency at Time of Suit, Regardless of Later Solvency," May 26, 2015
- "Delaware Court of Chancery Rejects Contemporaneous Ownership Requirement For Creditors Asserting Derivative Claims," October 27, 2014
- "California Court of Appeal Holds That Challenges to Corporate Elections Under Corporations Code Section 709 May be Predicated Upon Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Conflict of Interest Allegations," November 6, 2013
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
J.D., UC Irvine School of Law, 2012, Pro Bono High Honor; Notes Editor, UC Irvine Law Review; Recipient, Best Brief & placed as Semi-Finalist in UCI Moot Court competition; Co-Founder and President, Women's Law Society
B.A., University of Redlands, 2003, with honors, magna cum laude.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California