Andrew Kreider is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Andrew’s practice primarily focuses on advising high-growth companies and their investors on a broad range of transactional matters including:
- Organizational and founder matters.
- Initial- through late-stage angel, venture capital and other debt and equity financings.
- Complex commercial transactions, including joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings and recapitalizations.
- Corporate governance and counseling.
Andrew’s representation of clients spans a number of industries, including technology, internet, financial services, digital media, consumer products, apparel, food and beverage, biotech, e-commerce and cross-border transactions.
Andrew is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (inactive) in Colorado.
- Represented BitGo, a leader of institutional staking, custody and trading of digital assets, in its capital raising transactions and acquisitions of Hedgly Capital Advisors, Lumina Technologies and Harbor Platform.
- Represented Spotter, a creator platform, in its Series C and Series D preferred stock financings.
- Represented loanDepot, America’s second largest non-bank lender, in its initial public offering and acquisitions of American Coast Title and Closing USA.
- Represented Sony Interactive Entertainment, a multinational video game and digital entertainment company, in various investment transactions.
- Represented Blue Shield of California in various investment transactions.
- Represented Samsung Venture Investment Corporation, the venture capital arm of Samsung Electronics, in various investments.
- Represented SK hynix, a semiconductor and memory solution company, in various investment transactions.
- Represented HealthLoop, a SaaS-based medical practice communication platform, in its sale to GetWellNetwork.
- Represented Fosun Pharma, a multinational pharmaceutical company, in various investments.
- Represented Breakwater Investment Management, a financial planning and investment advisory firm, in its debt and equity investments in The Madera Group.
- Represented CIM Group, a real estate and infrastructure developer, and OCV Fund, a technology and healthcare-focused venture capital fund, in various investment transactions.
- Represented Thrive Capital, a venture capital fund, in various investments.
- Represented XL Innovate in various investment transactions.
- Represented Hydra Ventures, an apparel and sports-focused investment and business development firm, in various investments.
- Represented Histogen, a regenerative medicine company, in various early- to late-stage private placements of securities.
- Represented Opus Bank in various investment transactions.
- Represented Celerity Partners, a private equity and venture capital firm, in various investments.
- Represented Sage Venture Partners, a venture capital fund, in various investment transactions.
- Represented Diodes in its acquisition of Pericom Semiconductor.
- Represented Saffron Technology, a maker cognitive computing platforms, in its merger with Intel.
- Represented Infrastructure Solutions, a manufacturer and supplier of infrastructure products, in its acquisition of certain assets of Dayton Superior.
- Represented Wolfe Engineering, a semiconductor company, in its sale to Jabil Circuit.
- Represented Dialogic in its acquisition of Apex Communications.
- Represented Synthicity, a software application developer, in its sale to Autodesk.
- Represented Estate Assist, a developer of estate planning tools, in its sale to DocuSign.
- Represented Premier Valley Bank in its sale to Heartland Financial.
- Represented Ingram Micro in its acquisition of Parallels Holding.
- Represented TechFlow, a technology developer, in the adoption of its employee stock ownership plan.
- Represented Relativity Media in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy and restructuring.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "SEC Staff To Express No Views On Conflicting Shareholder Proposals Under Rule 14a-8(i)(9)," January 29, 2015
Venture Law Blog Posts
- "SAFEs and KISSes Poised to Be the Next Generation of Startup Financing," May 12, 2015
- "FDA Issues Guidance for Low-Risk General Wellness Products," January 23, 2015
Video Game Law Blog Posts
- Sheppard Mullin Represents Diodes in Its $400 Million Acquisition of Pericom SemiconductorCorporate Counsel, 09.04.2015
J.D., UC Berkeley School of Law, 2014, California Law Review, Business Law Certificate
M.S., University of Colorado, 2008, Taxation
B.S., University of Colorado, 2008, Accounting and Finance
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable David C. Bury at the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona