- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2008, cum laude
- B.A., Hofstra University, 2005, magna cum laude
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Adam Pekor is an attorney in Labor & Employment Practice Group in the firm's New York office. Mr. Pekor counsels both for-profit and not-for-profit clients on a wide range of labor and employment matters, including employee hiring and disciplinary procedures, disability accommodation issues, restrictive covenants, worker classification issues, leaves of absence, wage and hour compliance, and employee severance and termination procedures. Mr. Pekor has significant experience drafting all types of employment agreements and policies, including employee handbooks, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, severance agreements, sexual harassment policies, and email and internet usage policies. Mr. Pekor also conducts discrimination and harassment prevention trainings as well as investigations into harassment allegations and other employment matters.
In addition, Mr. Pekor regularly represents clients in a variety of labor and employment disputes before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
- New York Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016-2017
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Second Circuit Reiterates: Bigger Hurdles For Employers Under Big Apple's Anti-Discrimination Law," March 10, 2015
- "Second Circuit Finds Possible Pretext in Vague Justification for Non-Transfer," July 17, 2014
- "New Jersey Looks to Limit Use of Criminal History in Hiring Decisions," December 20, 2013
- "Proposed New York Law Would Extend State Anti-Discrimination Protections to Unpaid Interns," November 4, 2013
- "New Jersey Employers May Not "Like" State's New Social Media 'Privacy Settings,'" September 12, 2013
- "New Jersey Supreme Court Expands State Law Retaliation Claims," July 19, 2013