- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1987, cum laude
- B.S., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 1984, highest honors
Andrew Ratts is a partner in the Tax Practice Group in the firm's Chicago Office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Ratts's practice focuses on federal income taxation, advising various clients on tax issues relating to business formations, acquisitions, divestitures, debt reorganizations, executive compensation, investments, financings, operating joint ventures, leasing, public and private debt/equity offerings, and derivatives.
Mr. Ratts is frequently involved with tax-advantaged direct investments; private equity and hedge funds; investment funds; real estate and energy credit syndications; project finance; leveraged leasing; mergers; lending; and sales and exchanges. He has particular experience with the federal income taxation of pass-through entities, such as partnerships; limited liability companies; S corporations and grantor trusts; and of financial instruments and derivatives.
- The Legal 500 USA, Energy, 2018
- Energy Team Joins Sheppard Mullin From Winston & StrawnLaw360, March 8, 2017
- Sheppard Mullin ChicagoJuly 20, 2017