Aerin Snow is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the Firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Aerin’s practice focuses on advising public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, joint ventures and corporate governance, with a focus on the media and entertainment industries. Aerin also has extensive experience with private equity transactions and debt and equity financing arrangements in a range of industries.
Professional and Educational Background
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Aerin spent six years as an associate in the corporate and finance group of a premiere global law firm, where she focused her practice on mergers and acquisitions and debt and equity finance, primarily in the entertainment and media industry.
Aerin earned her J.D. from Columbia Law School, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar during the 2010-11 academic term, a James Kent Scholar during the 2011-12 academic term, and a research assistant to Jane Ginsberg, Columbia Law School’s Morton L. Janklow Professor of Literary & Artistic Property Law. Aerin earned her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from Georgetown University.
Selected Representative Media and Entertainment Matters Include:
- Representation of ICM Partners in connection with the sale of a minority equity interest to Crestview Partners.
- Representation of Lakeshore Entertainment in connection with the sale of its film library to Vine Alternative Investments.
- Representation of the acquiror of a majority interest in a television and new media content production company.
- Representation of the acquirors of Abrams Artists Agency, Inc.
- Representation of investment funds managed by affiliates of Fortress Investment Group in connection with the sale of Revolution Studios to Content Partners
- Representation of Entertainment One Limited in numerous transactions including:
- The acquisition of a 49% interest in The Mark Gordon Company
- The acquisition of a controlling interest in Sierra Pictures in 2015 and the follow-on acquisition of the unowned portion of Sierra Pictures
- The eight-figure acquisition of a controlling interest in Renegade83
- The acquisition of 100% of Dualtone Music Group
- Representation of Pilgrim Studios and its principals in a nine-figure strategic with Lionsgate
- Representation of Alliance Holdings in the acquisition of a significant interest in a portfolio of media and entertainment assets
- Representation of Sony Pictures Television in the sale of a majority interest in Crackle, Sony Pictures Television’s online video-on-demand (VOD) platform, to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment and the creation of a new streaming video joint venture Crackle Plus
Selected Other Representative Matters Include:
- Representation of an investor group led by investment funds managed by affiliates of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a portfolio of skilled nursing facilities
- Representation of an investor group led by investment funds managed by affiliates of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a minority interest in a financial services company
- Representation of an international banking institution, as administrative agent, in connection with a senior secured facility issued to a for-profit secondary educational institution
- Representation of an international banking institution, as administrative agent to the first lien lenders, in connection with the successful out-of-court restructuring of loan facilities issued to a leading provider of online learning solutions
- Representation of an international banking institution in connection with their investments in a United States-based coal producer
*Some of the above matters were handled prior to joining Sheppard Mullin.
Aerin is a member of the Emerging Leader Board of the Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel (AMEC)