Brett Uslaner is an associate in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Brett represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate and securities law matters. Brett has worked with clients in a variety of industries, including technology, food and beverage, industrials, cannabis and healthcare.
- Represented OPAL Fuels LLC, a renewable energy company specializing in the capture and conversion of biogas, in its business combination with ArcLight Clean Transition Corp. II (Nasdaq: ACTD), an enterprise value of $1.75 billion.
- Represented Lyophilization Services of New England, Inc., a contract development and manufacturing organization owned by Permira, in its sale to PCI Pharma Services, a leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical global integrated solutions provider.
- Represented FAT Brands Inc. (Nasdaq: FAT) in its $442.5 million acquisition of Global Franchise Group from Serruya Private Equity and Lion Capital.
- Represented Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK) in its $110 million acquisition of PicMonkey, LLC, a photo editing and graphic design software maker.
- Represented EXL (Nasdaq: EXLS) in its $80 million acquisition of Clairvoyant, a global data, AI and cloud services firm.
- Represented Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK) in its $75 million acquisition of TurboSquid, Inc., a digital media company that sells stock 3D models used by game developers, advertisers and creative professionals.
- Represented General Atlantic, a leading global growth equity firm, in its $60 million Series B investment in Stellar Health, a healthcare technology company that provides real time incentives to payers and providers to achieve value based care goals and improve health outcomes.
- Represented Bel Air Internet, LLC, a leading provider of internet, voice and video services to the greater Los Angeles area, Southern California and Las Vegas, in a sale of all equity interests to an MC Partners portfolio company.
- Represented Soteria Flexibles Corp., an Ardian portfolio company, in its acquisition of Redi-Bag Inc., a manufacturer of polyethylene film and plastic packaging.
- Represented Lockton, Inc., the world's largest privately owned, independent insurance brokerage firm, in the sale of its retirement plan business to Creative Planning.
- Represented Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK) in its acquisition of Pattern89, Inc., an AI-driven marketing company.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "House Passes Bill Requiring SEC to Define Mandatory ESG Metrics," June 22, 2021
- "SEC Going Cyber-Hunting for ESG-Related Misconduct," March 8, 2021
- "SEC Adopts Rule Amendments Aimed at Expanding Access to Capital," November 16, 2020
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2020
B.A., University of Michigan, 2014
- New York